Gotta Watch: Windshield worries
A horse leaps onto a moving vehicle, startling the driver.
August 1st, 2011

Gotta Watch: Windshield worries

Driving can be dangerous, but it's not just distracted drivers or speeding-ticket dodgers that makes it so tricky. Sometimes road hazards can turn into near-death experiences. A piece of wood can become a dangerous projectile or a sneaky snake could ruin your summer travel plans. You've gotta watch how these windshield worries more than interrupted a few road trips.

Snake's surprise – Snakes must love modern transportation. They've slithered onto planes and stressed out Samuel L. Jackson and now, it appears they've taken a liking to automobiles. In this video a scaly serpent slides up a car's windshield as it cruises down the interstate. How would you have handled this scary situation?

Flying debris – A two-by-four unexpectedly flies through the windshield of a moving car. Luckily, no one was hurt. Get an inside view of the frightening event.

Now that's horse power – Imagine driving down a road when a horse literally runs over your car. The result is a compelling, if not shocking, video where the animal crushes the windshield and roof.

Post by:
Filed under: Animals • Gotta Watch • Snakes • Travel
  1. Charles M

Perhaps that horse should avenge the snake by climbing on the TN hicks windshield and crush the life out of those animal killers and more importantly free the poor children from being raised by pansies...

August 1, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • AZ Wildcat

Just go have a nice veal cutlet and chill out Earth boy. Frickin' overprivileged white brat.

August 2, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lola

Pulling off on a ramp is endangering human life? Good God. Wow I must be endangering my life every morning.

August 1, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Realist4200

Don't worry about it... They have no logical point behind what they're saying.

August 1, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  3. t-bone west

What jerks. I'm ashamed that they are Americans. They should be jailed for teaching their kids to be (a) idiots, (b) afraid of nature, (c) trying to make it on utube.

August 1, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Snake in the Fast Lane

You were truly too busy considering the possibility of danger to your child passengers, eh? Wife-e's driving ("goin' fast") in the #1 lane, no less, while girly-daddy's videoing from the passenger seat for the sake of youtube and facebook recognition. Yes, right; really dangerous situation. You were in the worst lane for mitigating a dangerous situation and you were instigating further distraction of already distracted fast lane driving with your excited videotaping. Memphis has a highway system which circles the city, so you could have gotten off & reduced the danger of the snake "coming at" you, all while NOT "goin' fast" on it. "Like," "like," "like," ... these two just got their 15 min. Truly think about the safety of your vehicle and those around you when there is an emergency, parents. Driving in the #1 lane "goin' fast", videotaping and screaming might be something a couple of dolts would do. Use these two as an example of what not to do.

August 1, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Kansas

@ zenichi-maro:

No, what I said is that I am not going to educate myself on snakes!
    You have made a big leap from my distaste of snakes to my take on the rest of the animal kingdom, and by extension, humanity.
    You win the prize for the biggest leap to conclusion.
    In you attempt to look intelligent, the only thing you have succeeded in doing is looking like the condescending buffoon that you are.
    Go get laid, you sanctimonious pouf!

K

August 2, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Adriane

I actually love snakes...I've had a few as pets but never venomous ones. Still, if I was driving down a highway and saw one crawl out of the engine I wouldn't pull over either. Tons of people get hit every day by pulling on to the shoulder of a highway. It is a very dangerous place to be and I would much rather risk a snake's life than the life of my kids. I'm all down for being kind to animals but my kids come first. People need to chill out a little with all the hate flying around here...lol...everyone is so free to judge others on the internet and so ~hateful~ when they do so. Chill. Deep breath. lol

August 22, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply