August 3rd, 2011

Prosecution rests in Warren Jeffs' sex assault trial

The prosecution has rested its case in the sexual assault trial of polygamist sect leader Warren Jeffs.

Jeffs, the leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, is charged with two counts of sexual assault on a child and one count of bigamy stemming from a 2008 raid on a ranch near Eldorado, Texas, operated by his church. He is expected to be tried on the bigamy charge later.

Filed under: Crime • Polygamy • Religion
  1. banasy

May Mr. Jeffs get what he deserves.

August 3, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  2. L.O.

You and Jeffs must be brothers.

August 3, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Curious

Hope the dirtbag gets life.

August 3, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. HIKER

The pain these children go thru, now and into adulthood...can consume them and the ones who love them for a life-time. I he should be made to pay for *his* life ! with everything the law allows. A true EVIL *thing* he is ! the lives effected goes well beyond the person who gets molested. 😦

August 3, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy

@L.O.:
    I can only speculate that you're talking to me, because I'm the first post.
    I'd love to know where you came up with that assumption.

August 3, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

@L.O.:
    Never mind.
    I see they have deleted the post prior to mine. (As well they should have!)
    It's clear to me now.
    Mea culpa.

August 3, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. fbmarky

I'm sure he'll be able to continue his bigamist ways in prison – I expect he'll have lots of husbands!

August 3, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy

Yep, fbmarky, let's see hoe he likes being the "wife"...
    But that's if he's convicted.
    Nothing is a slam-dunk anymore.

August 3, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  9. fernace

I'm usually a very peaceful person who normally don't believe in the death penalty, but these kinds of stories make me feel homicidal! Jeffs should be forced to join the 52 from the international child p.o.r.n ring, & the law should let the parents loose on their asses! Then they should be dropped in a desert & left to slowly die!! Something is missing in a persons brain who molests children & they are the 1st to agree that they can't be rehabilitated! I don't understand a society that locks them up for 18 months, then lets them out to continue their perversion which destroys young lives! There must be a better solution.....that is legal, I mean! Because many people are ready to use their "solutions" right now!!

August 3, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  10. gumby

Man reading the pedo article and now this is making me really green. Excuse me I'm going to be sick.

August 3, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. epicjourney

I think you would only accept Mr. Jeffs as a prophet if you were raised to believe it. This man is obviously not, based on his behavious and statements in court.

August 3, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. King Of Hearts

Off with his bawls! We as a society need to take it back from all the predators. Prevent this guy from using his "weapon" ever again.

August 3, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • sparklecrone

I used to think that making them eat their **** parts would be nice, then I realized that it wouldn't work, they would just do it with something else. Then become even more violent.
      Now I think They should be lobotomized and be used to serve the public by doing repeated, menial tasks for the rest of their lives. I'm just sayin'

August 3, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. reggie

Goodmorning kind people please understand that the goverment never goes to court unless they can win one thing I hope he gets is medical castration how dare he hide behind the church.

August 4, 2011 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  14. Erika Lehnsherr

Will someone please explain why it is such a terrible thing to let girls marry older men?? It seems to me that an older man, by virtue of having more life experience, being better financially established, etc etc, would be better able to properly take care of a wife than a young man closer to the girl's age.

August 4, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  15. banasy

@ Erika Lehnsherr:

Are you joking?

It's not so much that girls marry men much older; it's the fact that *these* girls were *forced* to marry these men, and these men had several other wives...I don't think any child should be forced to marry someone, especially in the name of religion.

August 4, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |