August 7th, 2011

Verizon workers go on strike

Verizon workers, including call center employees and cable workers, have gone on strike. The move could cause delays in service, according to a report in the New York Times Sunday.

The workers are associated with the Communications Workers of America and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers who disagree with concessions that the telecommunications company wants to make to employee health care coverage and pension plans. The strike covers workers from Massachusetts to Virgina, the Times and the Huffington Post reports.

Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. banasy

@raven:

Cleaver his little troll head off, huh?

August 7, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gung hoe

Hey confucious have too have giant ones inorder to own business

August 7, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Phantom II

Every Little Thing?

August 7, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. joel weinberg

The loosers on strike do not even deserve their jobs. They are lucky to even have one. I say fire them all and let greatful unemployed people replace them.

August 7, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Confucius

@Joel: Hopefully they can spell loser too.

August 7, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob A

Hey joel, why dont you cut your pay in half then increase the cost of your benefits. If not, kindly shut up or grab a picket sign and join us out on the front line.....sincerely, one of the 45,000 union members on strike

August 7, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don

Most people are too smart to go on strike during these economic times!!! You also believe your union cares about you, LOL. If they did, they would let you stop paying dues while you are on strike, but your money is all they care about.

August 15, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Confucius

@Gung Hoe: I don't like big union or big business, in fact I hate extremes, because they do more to divide than they do to fulfill a need to everyone involved. I will own a business one day hopefully and I will do everything in my power to pay my employees very well and offer benefits, so I can keep the good ones around. I'm just tired of the little guy getting squashed for profit margins and stock prices. They do the heavy lifting and shouldn't expect to be treated as any less than providers for their families. In my mind Verizon has made enough profiting from outsourcing and anti american policies. The line has to be drawn somewhere.

August 7, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  6. gung hoe

Im not ravens troll please leave my heads on both big and little

August 7, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Phantom II

He meant "looser."
    E.l.t. is looser than it once was.

August 7, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  8. gung hoe

Im with you confucious my business now has 5 fulltimers the least amount of time working for me is 15yrs to 25yrs for people to stay that long they have to be treated good Before the downturn i had 23 people working for me

August 7, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. raven

Is that really you banasy 7:16...

August 7, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Tony Parker

E.L.T. Means Eva Longoria's Thong

August 7, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Well......

Verizon has the upper hand, how long do these people want to go without an income, and there aren't any 'moonlight' jobs available. I've never expeienced being on strike, don't these people have to vote before striking? They have put themselves at the wimms of union heads.

August 7, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kati

You think verizon has the upper hand? All they have is a bank roll where they can feed everyone all the bs they want i.e $100 a month for benefits. All the while two elderly people have already passed away because they couldn't call 911 because verizon (the one's with the so called up hand) failed to fix their phone lines in over a week! I suppose a person's life isn't worth the billions they pocket though.

August 17, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. gung hoe

HmmmmM me thinkin confucious is same as CESAR HMMMM yes

August 7, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. raven

Good try troll...that's not banasy.

August 7, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Confucius

@Gung Hizzo: Please don't insult me. I think Cesar is kinda funny, but he's more of the communist type as I am a centrist. Don't try to figure things out, because the trolls often post nonsense and it's best to just weed through the insane comments

August 7, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |