August 7th, 2011

Verizon workers go on strike

Verizon workers, including call center employees and cable workers, have gone on strike. The move could cause delays in service, according to a report in the New York Times Sunday.

The workers are associated with the Communications Workers of America and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers who disagree with concessions that the telecommunications company wants to make to employee health care coverage and pension plans. The strike covers workers from Massachusetts to Virgina, the Times and the Huffington Post reports.

Post by:
Filed under: Uncategorized
  1. Ali Cat

I find it sad when union members don't even know what they are fighting for...@notproudibew, you have what you've gotten because of the union. Like I stated earlier, you can cross lines and have your job but know that in this company, union or not, you are just a number and without job security (that the union fights for), you could be gone tomorrow. And once again (and for some reason all Verizon-supporters keep forgetting this it seems!) this is NOT JUST ABOUT HEALTH INSURANCE. @Verizonmanager–good luck in a few months when you are up for the RIF again. And it is not just about paying into health insurance! Verizon wants to outsource a lot of these jobs, which means less US workers, less workers=less offices, leading to more management layoffs. Less workers in US means less people who pay the federal taxes (and if you remember Verizon pays $0, they get a refund of over $1B), so who ends up paying additional taxes? The middle class. It will trickle down to EVERYONE!

For those who choose not to read through some of the longer explanations, please then don't complain that all union workers do is whine and complain when YOU don't take the time to educate yourselves when they DO explain.

August 17, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  2. notproudibew

Poor lady walked out today and she got followed all the way to her car. I hate being mixed in w/ these monsters.

August 17, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tonya

So, this is the tactics that they (the strikers) have reduced themselves to using~ Father of the Year..for sure!

August 17, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Tonya

August 17, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tonya

Just copy and paste into the browser~ Those of you who condone this , DO NOT BOTHER!

August 17, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. verizonmanager

What a pathetic peice of garbage. What does he expect us to do? We have to do our jobs. THat guy is a huge embarrassment. Put his daughter in front of a truck. WHat an a$$

August 17, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tonya

He is definitely a loser! I am not sure I get the whole idea about their hatred toward others doing their jobs but it seems to me if they are so upset with us, they ought to get back to work and stop complaining! I do not think I could look these guys in the face and work with them if I acted like that to them! Real class acts! They pulled this article from other sites so pass it on!

August 17, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  6. verizonmanager

They are mad at Verizon cause they make tons and tons of money.. Wait that doesn't make sense does it? All the union guys have cush jobs and they somehow hate Verizon right now. You should love Verizon... The worst thing about that video is that if the girl got hit by the car all the union guys would be like "Oh my god management just ran the girl over".. YOU PUT HER IN FRONT OF A CAR YOU IDIOT.

August 17, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jackson

About to get dressed,put the cammouflage on and do what they trained me to do! WHOOOOAAHHH FOR THE MIDDLE CLASS
    " THEY DREW FIRST BLOOD "

August 17, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jackson

Missy LaRoche
    Verizon Superpages was delivered today... they were shocked by my 3 boys yelling 'scab, scab, scab!' as they drove off. Oh yeah, they've got generations of union running through their veins. Raising them right! 😉

August 17, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jackson

Missy LaRoche
    about a minute ago · Like · · Subscribe

2 people like this..

Rob Richard ‎..as if your kids didn't kick enough ass 🙂
    a few seconds ago · Like.

Brian Eddy i love that, bout fell out of my chair
    a few seconds ago · Like.

August 17, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Jackson

Amanda L Vazquez
    A Verizon van blocked my car in today in Manhattan. So I left a lil note hehe and called 311 to file a complaint. When they finally came out they were ancient like 2 lil Santa's all dazed and confused. I almost felt bad guilty for my scab note. Almost.

August 17, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jackson

John Thomson
    THIS IS JUST THE BEGINING SCABS!!!!!!!

August 17, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jackson

Michael DeMaria
    RAT SCABS.......U R UNION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......TOLL HIKE RALLY.....GOOD LUCK WITH OUR SUPPORT.......

August 17, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jackson

Michelle Nelson
    How does it feel to steal food out of my childs mouth??? 472 is a bunch of SCABS!!!

August 17, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • verizonmanager

Jackson, i hope your kids starve to death!!! haha.... idiot.

August 17, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • GetOverIt

It feels pretty good still putting food in my families mouth. As far as your kids, thats your problem. Plenty of ppl out there will to do the same to feed their own families

August 18, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jackson

John Thomson
    everyone type in Laborers 472 on the search tab.. its the one all caps. Click you like them, and post asking why their all scabs crossing our line throughout the state.. Ive already added pictures of all their scabbing asses16 minutes ago · Like · · Subscribe

Carolyne Vatalaro Is it the heavy laborers 472? Out of Nj? I can't find a place to email them...
    2 seconds ago · Like

August 17, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jackson

Richard J Kaye
    Thank you for crossing our picket lines.You have given me the perfect oppurtunnity to teach my children what cowards are.And you gentleman are a bunch of cowards,how you look your own kids in the eyes is beyond me.

August 17, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |