Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison for sexual assault
August 9th, 2011

Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison for sexual assault

Warren Jeffs was sentenced to life in prison on Tuesday after a jury deliberated for only 30 minutes.

The polygamist sect leader was convicted last week on two counts of sexually assaulting a 12-year-old and a 15-year-old who were his "spiritual wives." The jury sentenced him to life in prison for the first count of aggravated sexual assault and 20 years for the second count of sexual assault plus a $10,000 fine. The sentences were the maximum allowed for each count. The judge ruled that the sentences be served consecutively.

On Monday, the two sides rested their cases, without the defense calling any witnesses.

Earlier Monday, jurors weighing punishment for Jeffs heard audio recordings that prosecutors say show he had sex with underage girls and encouraged group sex.

At times difficult to hear, one of the tapes recorded sounds of two people apparently engaging in intercourse. Other recordings captured Jeffs instructing what prosecutors say were underage girls in how to please him. Girls could be heard giggling in the background.

Jeffs, the leader of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, was charged after a 2008 raid on a ranch his church operates near Eldorado, Texas.

FULL STORY
  1. LDSMember

beavis are you butthead as well. Who are these "mormons" you are talking about. I have never heard of the Mormon church. I have heard of a man named Mormon who abridged the the plates into the Book of Mormon. But never of moromons. We are members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. and if you want to knock a religion lets look at mainstream christianity. They killed how many pagans or jews or muslims because of their beliefs? And so you can kiss my LDS butt. Have a good day.

August 10, 2011 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
    • MrDLoomis

Mr Mormon and plates?? I thought it was Joseph Smith who read the plates with his "seer stone".

Mormon is just another way to spell Moron.

August 10, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
    • ThinkingOutLoud

WOW, it appears you don't know your own religion very well! I have a feeling you're lying about being a church member.

August 10, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
    • LDSMember

There are two types of plates the plates of Nephi and the plates of Brass. Mormon took the two sets and combined them into one set of plates Moroni then buried the plates with the Urim and Thummim his breastplate and bow. He then translated the text into english. And as all our prophets have stated we are Members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. So what do you mean that I don't know my own religion and Mormon was not Mr. Mormon he was an member of an Ancient American Civilization and a decendent of Nephi.

August 10, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  2. LDSMember

I'm tired of people getting on the LDS church for something an FLDS member did. And Mitt Romney is not a member of the FLDS church. Before you rag on the religion research something. For those of you who want to know the difference ask a LDS member.

August 10, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Rona

You are such a liar.

August 10, 2011 at 8:29 am | Report abuse |
    • TriXen

Agreed. I have cousins who are Mormon (and no, they don't practice polygamy or incest).

August 10, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • LDSMember

Rona how am I a liar?

August 10, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. ThinkingOutLoud

Polygamy in general, be it in the Mormon religion, Muslims, and all the others who practice it are just using it to validate child molestation. The "prophet" Mohammed had a 9 year old wife.....ALL POLYGAMISTS...THEY'RE ALL SICK!!!!

August 10, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
    • LDSMember

The LDS church whom people call "mormons" does not practice polygamy.

August 10, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mark L.

Okay, wonderful – So Warren Jeffs gets life in prison. I'm still NOT satisfied !! I think this piece of polygamist slime deserves life in prison with CASTRATION !! And for all those religious freaks out there that really think Warren Jeffs is some sort of messiah, well, all I have to say is so was Reverend Jim Jones (NOT !!), Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (NOT !!) and David Koresh (NOT !!)... WAKE UP MORONS !!!! LMAO....

August 10, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. C.Cantu

Muslim monarchs and leaders while visiting the US should be convicted of polygamy. Most of their hundreds of concubines are underage and consanguineous.

August 10, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mark L.

ROFLMAO – "God on Earth was Jesus Christ..." OH REALLY??? So, was it Jesus Christ that handed Moses the Ten Commandments?? Did Jesus Christ create the Sun, the Oceans, the Animals?? Was is Jesus Christ that ordered Noah to build the ark?? Or was Jesus Christ the so-called, "God on Earth..." like Reverend Jim Jones of The People's Temple (NOT !!), Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh (NOT !!) or David Koresh (NOT !!)... ROFLMAO...

August 10, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
    • DN

God, being an omnipresent being, was able to exist as a spirit in eternity and as a man on earth. Pretty easy to follow actually.

August 10, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  7. pete

such a shame that the state with the best justice system in the country couldnt execute jeffs, I pray he is tortured nd ripped to shreds in prison

August 10, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. Matt

What Warren Jeffs did was wrong and the punishment was decided by a jury of his peers. Society has the right to up hold the laws of the land that protect children from such abuse, but where is the equality when it comes to those abused by the clergy in the catholic church. How many life sentences has been handed down for the abuse of children. The catholic church has deep pockets and could pay off the offended ones, but the clergy were protected. Let's be fair.

August 10, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  9. Butch

Burn in hell Jeffs!

August 10, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  10. Eric

*This* jury should have been the one seated in FL ruling on that *other* POS Casey Anthony. 30 minutes! Job well done! Enjoy yourself Warren...it's gonna be one heck of a ride to hell!

August 10, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  11. Hank

I don't see what the big deal is, women are just possessions anyway

August 10, 2011 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. TriXen

Fresh fish! Fresh fish! Fresh fish!!! =)

Don't drop the soap!

August 10, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  13. Bigbobber

Let's not stop at Jeffs, lets go others just like him and don't stop there go after the church too!

August 10, 2011 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  14. Mark L.

Bottom Line – Warren Jeffs, the FALSE Messiah, brainwashed all his followers AS DID THE OTHER FALSE Messiahs, Reverend Jim Jones of The People's Temple, Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh, David Koresh and JESUS CHRIST !!!! JESUS CHRIST IS NOT GOD !!!! JESUS CHRIST DID NOT CREATE THE HEAVENS, THE MOON, THE EARTH, THE SUN !! JESUS CHRIST DID NOT HAND MOSES THE TEN COMMANDMENTS !! Jesus Christ was just an extremely intelligent Jew that successfully brainwashed an entire being known as Christians. And these Christians are NOT supposed to be judgemental...LMAO...Tell that to Adolf Hitler, Heinrich Himmler and Rudolph Hess...And I love it when Christians always proclaim, "Jesus is coming back..."...ROFLMAO...Well, maybe Jesus Christ needs a stronger GPS device, because it's been over 2,000 years, and he still can't seem to find his way back...ROFLMAO...

The SOLE GOD I WORSHIP IS THE GOD OF ABRAHAM, ISAAC AND JACOB !! The God who proclaimed, "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery; YOU SHALL HAVE NO OTHER GODS BEFORE ME..."...That includes your FALSE GOD – Jesus Christ...ROFLMAO...

August 10, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Jason

Your a banana if you believe in blowing in that crap! Honestly blowing up yourself for the sake of GOd and 72 virgins... Your a disgrace to humanity my friend!

August 10, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark L.

Jason says..."Honestly blowing up yourself for the sake of GOd and 72 virgins..."...Hey moron, who said anything about blowing myself up for the sake of God and 72 virgins...WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU READING?? Did you think I am a Muslim....Hardly, IDIOT...I just Don't BELIEVE IN ANY FALSE MESSIAHS OR PROPHETS LIKE YOUR JESUS CHRIST, WARREN JEFFS, JIM JONES, DAVID KORESH, ETC. I am a PROUD JEW, just like YOUR Lord, Jesus Christ was...IDIOT !!!!

August 10, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
    • me

The scriptures point to Christ. Do you read the scriptures?

August 10, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • me

Wow! So you believe one part of the Bible, but not the next? That would make your God a liar! Jesus ia lord, and he WILL return. I pity you on that day!!

August 10, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Mark L.

@ me – So what you are saying is my God (i.e. – the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob) is a liar?? Sounds to me like you're nothing more than another JUDGEMENTAL RIGHT-WING CHRISTIAN !! And it's so funny how they tell us the Christians are NOT supposed to be judgemental...ROFLMAO... Oh and by the way, just make certain to set your alarm clock accordingly for the date / time that your FALSE Messiah, Jesus Christ, returns...LMAO... I have to hand it to the Christians – At least you do worship a Jewish "Messiah"... ROFLMAO... Yeah, okay, "Jesus Christ is Lord..."....Blah, blah, blah....and I am the Pope...ROFLMAO....

August 10, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scope

Troll

August 10, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. slipery

All is well that ends well

August 10, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |