August 15th, 2011

Monday's live video events

All eyes are again on Wall Street as investors fear another week of volatile markets.  Watch CNN.com Live for the latest from the stock exchanges.

Today's programming highlights...

9:30 am ET - Wall Street opening bell - Will unpredictability rule on Wall Street again this week?

12:15 pm ET - Race to 2012: Perry visits Iowa State Fair - GOP presidential candidate Gov. Rick Perry speaks with supporters and others at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines.

12:45 pm ET - President Obama's Minnesota town hall - President Obama hosts a town hall-style meeting on the economy in Cannon Falls, Minnesota.  The event marks the start of the president's three-day tour of the Midwest.

6:15 pm ET - Obama hosts Iowa town hall - A second economy town hall takes place tonight, this time in Decorah, Iowa.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Business • Economy • Elections • Finance • Politics
  1. CHAD

Thank you President Obama. World is a safer place now. Your hitting all your marks. I'm proud to be an American. Now we just need to tighten our belts. I would like to see a couple things done. Tax the hell out of companies that want to take there business to foreign countries to take advantage of there cheap labor. Same goes for all the product that comes into the US. Lower taxes for Americans. Tax the hell out of everything/everybody else. Let's be more self sufficent.

August 15, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  2. Humber

Is there still a copyright on "*facepalm?*"

August 15, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. RuffNutt

Sorry folks,I didn't post the above. Obviously this joker likes to hi-jack people's names. I wish he would stop! He must be a fan of Sarah Palin.

August 15, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  4. Pink Panther

Good post RuffNutt,thank you Mother fr.

August 15, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dan Jakary

Why are you at CNN sitting there today doing commentary on Obama's live town hall INSTEAD of broadcasting it ALL live. Give us some "real time" coverage instead of your "FOX-LITE" approach. I liked you a lot better when you did news instead of soundbites and when you called out obvious bullsh&% instead of giving equal time to unequivelant arguments. You'd have better ratings if you all listened to Jack Cafferty.

August 15, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Richard Rios

Jack , quite a few times during our economic recession I have heard CNN commentators say or quote that there are many American business' sitting on billions of dollars of profit and creating jobs because they are
    "Unsure of the Future" (taxes and regulations). I'm 62 years old , I recently retired on Social Security because of injury to my hands and back , my wife and I have had three HMO's in three years in between two surgeries. I'm seeing that Education for my Grandchildren will be cut, my sons are struggling to make ends meet for their families , oh yeah just lost my Home to forecloser. I'm one of the lucky ones there are so many more stories in this country that are a lot worse. To hear the Tea Party and Republicans argue that their Billionaire Compadres are UNSURE makes me sick.
    We absolutley need to regulate Big business. No regulations is why we're in this mess. Raise their taxes and then give
    tax breaks to companies that are hiring American workers with the biggest tax breaks for smaller business'.
    additional Tax breaks for companies working on Infrastructure and renewable energy. As consumers we need to remember who are the companies sitting on money waiting for their political agenda to be approved.
    Children , Seniors , Soldiers and working men and women of this Country have watched our so called Leaders/lobbyists Divide us since 911 in the face of our Enemies. We ARE the Foundation of this Country .
    It's time for Big business to show their Loyalty to this Country.

RRios