Gotta Watch: Craziest wedding proposals
How would you react if you unknowingly arrived at your own wedding?
August 16th, 2011

Gotta Watch: Craziest wedding proposals

You've decided you want to marry that special someone, and now you're tasked with finding the most memorable and romantic way to pop the question. Everyone's already seen the countless sports venue proposals, and the restaurant thing is SO overdone. What's someone to do? You've gotta watch how these men make their marriage proposals unforgettable with their unique grand gestures.

Surprise! We're getting married – An unforeseen wedding proposal is one thing; showing up to your own surprise wedding is another. In the space of a few brief minutes, a woman gets a proposal and a wedding ceremony thanks to her beau.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2011/08/16/dnt.surprise.wedding.cbc"%5D

Coming to a theater near you: The proposal – – In a world where "surprise" proposals are as ubiquitous as the viral videos they inspire, this one takes the cake. Imagine going to a movie and watching a trailer only to discover your love is the star. What happens next is beyond movie magic.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2011/05/19/exp.sbt.marriage.proposal.mpg.hln"%5D

Attention shoppers: Wedding on aisle six – It seems familiar. People begin singing and dancing out of nowhere. But, this flash mob was different. It was an actual wedding ceremony. You’ve got to give some points for creativity, proving flash mobs aren’t just for random dance routines and crime sprees.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/01/07/flash.mob.wedding.whdh"%5D

Proposal gone wrong – Some things sound better in theory than they do in practice. One woman was upset when someone spray painted a marriage proposal on her garage door, particularly because she wasn't the intended recipient.
[cnn-video url="http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/05/06/dnt.spray.paint.proposal.wink"%5D

Post by:
Filed under: Gotta Watch
  1. LuLu

My love invited my son and I over for dinner, he made us dinner, we had a picnic in the living room while watching Star Wars, we then built a blanket fort and all crawled in. I wasn't expecting it because 3 days before he told me he wasn't ready (turns out he had already bought the ring but was trying to throw me off). He says to my son "Are we a family" and my son says "Kinda" and he says "What would make us a family" and my son says "If you and Mommy got married", and then he pulled out the ring! I was so happy! He claims he didn't even have to coach my son....just knew what he would say because he had been asking him when he was going to marry his mommy because he wanted cake for months now 🙂

August 16, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • docb

Nicest thing I've read all day. Congrats

August 16, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bella3119

I am tearing up at work. It's simple, honest, heartfelt and pure. Just how I would like to be propsed to. Congrats to you all and I wish you many, many happy years!

August 16, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. StarWar

All this is nothing but bunch of dots.

August 16, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ralph

The unsuspecting woman in the first one was dressed for a wedding. The trailer wasthe best.

August 16, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  4. StarWar

All this is nothing but bunch of dots...

August 16, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  5. StarWar

All this is nothing but bunch of dots....

August 16, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • catwoman

why don't you just go away if you're not interested in saying anything nice, what a jerk!

August 16, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. StarWar

fake proposals and fake happiness. Duh!!

August 16, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Chris

I was hooked up through work with my wife because a couple of friends from work met every week in a tap dance class. I proposed to her on stage during the last rehearsal in front of about 200 people before the big show a few years later and we've been happy ever since. Nice to hear good stories once in awhile.

August 16, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. max

the movie trailer was good.. but iam waiting for some dude to do this – running with the bulls in spain, dives into crowd where her GF is, just barely missing the bulls horn up his behind. then proposing – "i would risk a bulls horn up my ass to propose to you.. "

August 16, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. guest

ok so it is an interesting story...but did we have to watch ATT commercial before each of them? seriously annoying! Makes me associate ATT with annoyance!

August 16, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sky & Jenna

We just got engaged two weeks ago! And posted our video to YouTube today.

Marriage Proposal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLzpeExktTA

I surprised my now fiancee, Jenna, with a private musical concert in row boats in Central Park, and proposed to her with the song, "Marry Me". Three row boats surrounded us, including a violinist, a cellists, and a singer (Jerry Fuentes) with an acoustic guitar.

Playlist:
    – "Marry Me" by Train
    – "All I Need" by Jerry Fuentes
    – "Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid
    – "A Whole New World" from Aladdin

If you're going to do it, do it right! Keep up the creative proposals!

August 16, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. gay travels

You can certainly see your expertise in the work you write. The arena hopes for more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to mention how they believe. At all times go after your heart.

August 4, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |