August 16th, 2011

Murdoch pie thrower reportedly blogging from prison

The British man who shoved a pie into media mogul Rupert Murdoch's face has apparently been blogging from prison.

Jonathan May-Bowles, who is serving a six-week sentence at Wandsworth Prison in London, appears to have not let a little confinement prevent him from updating his blog "Anarch*ish*."

Using his nickname, "Jonnie Marbles," he seems to have posted twice recently. Written in a lively voice, the blog describes prison life.

The Village Voice highlighted a passage in which the poster says he's been graciously received by fellow inmates.

" 'Oi, Pie man!' shouted one of my fellow lags. A few cons come over to alternately shake my hand and take the piss. We have some of what I believe is known colloquially as 'banter', something I have not enjoyed since university. It is not like riding a bike."

At one point, Jonnie Marbles posts an apology to "Minimarbles."

"Minimarbles, if you are reading this, whenever that is, I am deeply sorry from the depths of my heart. I love you and miss you. Not seeing you is my real punishment here; the only one I care about, anyway."

May-Bowles smashed a pie in Murdoch's face during the mogul's testimony before Parliament in July about accusations of phone hacking at his British tabloid, News of the World. Murdoch's wife, Wendi, jumped up and slapped May-Bowles to help her husband.

News of the World and its staffers are accused of hacking dozens of phones, including one of a murdered girl and those of the girl's family. The scandal prompted the newspaper's closure. The Murdoch media empire remains under fire as investigators continue to probe reports of other phone hacking.

1. el condor

Why isn't Murdoch's wife in jail for assaulting this person?

August 16, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paul

It's usually not a crime to defend from someone who is attacking your spouse.

August 16, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • xkemuri90

@Paul - "attacking"??? really? i think it was a really stupid idea, but i definitely dont think he deserves several weeks of prison time for putting a freaking pie in someone's face. rupert murdoch is a disgusting "human being," and, honestly, he's very lucky thats all that happened to him.

August 16, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

....and we're right back where we began.

August 16, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. richajam

It was said before- and I believed it then and now. The Pie'oneer' will sady get more time in jail than the Pie'ee'. The lesser of 2 evils brunts the punishment six-fold.

August 16, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jazzzzzzz

CELL MATE # 0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

August 16, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@Humber:

I knew that would get your attention, being the discerning kind of man you are.

August 16, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jay Cool (jaycool.net)

So is the woman who struck the pie thrower in jail too? That was assault. I hardly see the real harm in giving one a creme-pie to the face. Jail for that, really? morons.

August 16, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

What is the pie was poisoned? What is it had acid in it or anthrax? Should people be allowed to throw unknown substances in each others faces from now on? What is your opinion?

August 16, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

This iPad sucks.

August 16, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Babak from LA

Well at least soneone is doing some reporting! The jurnalists aren't....

August 16, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. David

This must be a dream come true for him. A third rate comedian with a captive audience.

August 16, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Luke Weyland

Why exactly is Jonathan May-Bowles in prison?
    Hasn't he done what every British, Aussie and Yankee politician has done
    Given Rupert Murdoch a free lunch?

Frankly Murdoch it should be inprison for his part in the promotion of Bush/Blair lies which led to millions of deaths in Millions in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan.

August 16, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. rukiddingme

was to weigh in but banassy and wow have it all figured out... let us pray that they never make it to any elected offices...

August 16, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Andreas Moser

He might have just given his account details to someone else. And his lawyer takes the messages out of prison.

August 19, 2011 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  12. Filomena

I'll right away grab your rss as I can not find your email subscription hyperlink or e-newsletter service. Do you've any? Please let me recognize so that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

June 8, 2013 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jeremiah

But the best thing to do when your tips to attract women cheats. Whatever tips to attract women you do, he'll just ignore you. This is perhaps the single most important thing to keep in mind is to go out with him or her.

June 8, 2013 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Samira

When I originally left a comment I seem to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and now each time a comment is added I recieve four emails with the same comment. Is there a means you can remove me from that service? Kudos!

June 9, 2013 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  15. Marjorie

Remarkable! Its really remarkable article, I have got much clear idea concerning from this paragraph.

June 9, 2013 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |