August 23rd, 2011

Ex-IMF chief's charges dismissed

New York Judge Michael Obus has accepted the Manhattan district attorney's request for a dismissal of criminal charges against Dominique Strauss-Kahn, the former International Monetary Fund chief who had been accused of sexually assaulting a hotel maid.

Post by:
Filed under: Courts • Dominique Strauss-Kahn • Justice • New York
  1. RUFFNUTT

SEE... TOLD you... that lady was too ungly to be raaped...

August 23, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Manhattan district attorney bruce leeroy

if you can get it up... you must drop the charges.

August 23, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

RUFFNUTT,
    I thought the same thing.
    She's deluded.

August 23, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

You called it, JIF.
    Women like this give actual victims a bad name...

August 23, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Yesterday & Today1

She succeeded in destroying his reputation and truncated his ambition to become the next France President. This is what most women do all over the world. Bring a man down

August 23, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. lesey

If innocent why did he quit his job?

August 23, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jazzzzzzz

She had no OIL or VALUABLE NATURAL RESOURCES, like NORTH AFRICIA does, while it's children sit starving to death... Hmmm, that picture looks kinda funny to me, don't you all think?

August 23, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  8. oscar

DSK is rapist who got away with his crime.... he's done it before and will do it again..white/male/money often wins over black/female/poverty justice was not done but what's else is new this is america land of the and home of the rich

August 23, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian Russell

Oh please? Innocent until proven guilty Oscar – this was prejudged by the press. Give it time and you will see why the DA dropped this high profile case – it wasn't winnable because of her own decption and lies. This is not the right example to be used by rights groups to support real victims of abuse.

August 23, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • slider

Both politically correct and angry. A made up mind is hard to change even when beat over the head with facts. The DA wanted to go to trail but did not have a case. P A Y...A T T E N T I O N to something other than the truth according to you.

August 23, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. chow mein

oscar = troll

August 23, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Fabian

I thought she admitted that she made it up?

August 23, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

*Yawn*
    The Pawn is boring.
    The Queen's off for a nap.
    Off with her head!

Hey, what happened to CSinSC? L64? Sherrie W.W.? bambam? PARROT? Jim Brieske? Ole Lady? There are more I can't remember right now...CNN blogs used to be a whole lot more interesting...

Ah well.
    That was yesterday.

August 23, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

tomcat. ThomasD. chrissy. Dim Mak. nur amambo nur.
    Where are my old friends?

August 23, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  13. MsAnthropy Indefatigably

I've heard stranger things in my life and men in positions of power REALLY get away with some crazy stuff...I wouldn't be surprised if he killed her and tied her up in his room, took a picture with the body and STILL got the case dropped! I am not closed to the idea that she could have been lying, but I could not personally see choosing to "tell all" to Robin Roberts (as cool as she is, don't get me wrong) before it even got to trial. That made her look bad. She probably settled out of court and got deported for overstaying her visa.... smh

August 23, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tom

This is USA and you can get away with anything if you have money guys!

August 23, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Thomas

I think it was a set up and I did not understand why he had to resign from his job?Maybe whether it was true or false the man in his position had a responsibility to act rather run away like other leader(s) in some countries?

August 23, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |