August 25th, 2011

UK minister to discuss Twitter, Facebook bans

British Home Secretary Theresa May will sit down with officials from the social media industry Thursday, her office said, as the government considers trying to ban people from social networking during or after crises.

Twitter, Facebook, and BlackBerry maker Research in Motion all declined to say what position they would take at the meeting.

Top police officers and other government officials will also be present for the meeting, which follows riots that swept England earlier this month.

Prime Minister David Cameron suggested limits on social networking in the wake of the unrest.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Facebook • Technology • Twitter • United Kingdom • World
  1. Pink Panther

Good post, Joey Isotta-Frascini,thank you.
    You said it all!!!

August 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey Isotta Fraschini

Oh my God! This thread is infested with trolls. This was suppose to be about the right-wing influence on Facebook and Twitter. But no,instead the trolls have destroyed this thread by making a mockery out of it. How truly immature and shameful!

August 25, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini

As the true Joey Isotta Fraschini here, I posted the above while my Tea Partying troll posted the one below in order to mock me. As one can plainly see, these mindless Tea Partiers have all but taken over this web page!!!

August 25, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Oh my God! This thread is infested with a troll-ME! This was suppose to be about the Left-wing influence on Facebook and Twitter. But no,instead I, as a troll have destroyed this thread by making a mockery out of it. I am truly immature and shameful!

August 25, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy

What really gets to me is all these tea partying trolls spewing all of their right-wing mumbo jumbo. It just makes me so sick. When will they stop!

August 25, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. gung hoe

Good posting Joey Isotta-Frachini,thank you. You hit the nail on the head!

August 25, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy

I am the tea partying troll spewing all of my right-wing mumbo jumbo. It just makes me so happy. I will never stop!

August 25, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jordan scene

To be quite honest I'm pretty intrigued to see just how much more this proposed regulation of social media in the UK will further inflame their situation. What will they ban next, the publics right to congregate and peacefully protest? On a side note, I hope to one day be honored by this troll and incorporated into his conversations he has with himself.

August 25, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TrollMasterB

@Jordan scene:

You will if he steals your name like he does everybody else's.
    Every name above is a legitimate name of a poster he has stolen.

August 25, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. TrollMasterB

Be careful what you ask for, Jordan. It's annoying as hell.

August 25, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. da cutest mama troll

Ohhh, trollies! What have ya done to dis blog, steeling names, doubling & tripling posts, admitting yore troll afil. effil! oh cripe, troll-roots! This is horid, hideus & horiffik & I have never binn so proud! This cute mama troll will have some spechull stinky, repun. reppyg? o well, gross stinky stew for ya when ya git bakk too da cave! hurryup now ya no how PaPa can kleer tha hole stu pot by hissef! This is a proudd day in Troll Dom wich will go down in histry ! 😉

August 25, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MOFO

Look again, mama. All of the posts are different. Mua ha ha!

August 25, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jordan scene

Trollmasterb I have noticed in countless threads I've read that this is the case. I just find it ammusing somebody has the time and desire to poorly imitate people on a web blog. I frequently read these blogs mainly to see what the "average joe" has to say about these particular articles. Sometimes its funny to watch the trolls, but bothersome when they successfully derail a conversation I'm interested in. I'm also amazed a news media website could attract such people(trolls). I always thought kids didn't care about news..

August 25, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  13. The Anti-Facebook

Why do govenment agencies urge you to contact them on their facebook page, facebook and twitter are private companies. They should create a monopoly by one company. Be a leader, not a follower.

August 25, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jordon scene

Sorry folks,I didn't post the above. Some joker is trying to make me look like a fool. He must be a fan of Sarah Palin or Michelle Bachmann. The right-wing thugs in Washington have their hand in Facebook and Twitter. The war is not enough. They want it all. How disgusting! Those thugs have to go. It's as simple as that!

August 25, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jj

Good post Jordon,thank you. You said it all.

August 25, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |