August 31st, 2011

U.N. bombing suspect tied to al Qaeda, Nigerians say

Nigerian authorities said Wednesday that a man with ties to al Qaeda plotted last  week's car bombing at the United Nations' headquarters in the Nigerian capital that killed 23 people.

The Nigerian State Security Service said Mamman Nur recently returned from Somalia and was "working in concert" with two other suspects who have been arrested. The militant Somali group Al-Shabaab has been linked to al Qaeda.
The secret service described Nur as a "notorious Boko Haram element." Boko Haram, a militant Islamic group, aims to enforce a strict version of Islamic law in Nigeria.

The militant group had claimed responsibility for the attack in which a Honda packed with explosives rammed into the U.N. building, shattering windows and setting the place afire.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Africa • Al Qaeda • Nigeria • Terrorism • United Nations • World
  1. banasy©

I posted at 2, and 3:48.

Libyan avg.citizen wrote the rest.
    Do you write everything that is posted under your name, gung hoe?

I get what Libyan citizen is saying, also, but trolling me is a really infantile thing to do.
    I expect nothing less from my troll, Dick.

August 31, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. gung hoe

Banasy grandma at 21 that bogles the mind

August 31, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. gung hoe

No i dont post everything under my name banasy sorry bout that but your dick is smarter than my dick BUT i think they are 1 in the same SORRY BANASY

August 31, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Maybe just change your name every few months. It confuses the trolls.

August 31, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jazzzzzzzz

To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence.

August 31, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jazzzzzzzz

What is success? It is a toy balloon among children armed with pins.

August 31, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jazzzzzzzz

Success: To laugh often and much, to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children, to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends, to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to leave the world a bit better, whether by a healthy child, a garden patch, or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is to have succeeded!
    ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

August 31, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

@gung hoe:
    The second two *were* by the same person.
    And I *am* 21...again! 😉

@leeintulsa: hi!

@Bimbo the Birthday Clown:
    Yes, I suppose I should...

@Jazzzz: hi!

August 31, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  9. George Patton

I'm not surprised at this and I won't be a bit surprised if the right-wing news media tried to pin hurricane Irene on Al Qaeda, too!!! Anyone with half a brain would know that Al Qaeda has all it can do right now just to survive!!!

August 31, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Melody Queen

@George Patton:

A fan of Al Qaeda's, you un-American twit? You are a disgrace to the late General's name! He would haves thrown you out of the United States on your ear, you name-stealing troll! And NO, I'm not a member of the GOP or the Tea Party, before you accuse me of that, you Commie moron!

August 31, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  11. the prophet

Government watch dog Stop blocking my post

August 31, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. the prophet

I am no troll and even if I was one...even troll have followers ... Hitler did and so do the KKK

August 31, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. the prophet

Algeria is great place to hide plan and traine good to Lear scams too

August 31, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. joann

What,the heck are your problems?The,Blog is talking.about the Nigerians killed 23 people.Read,the Blog,the way it is,and non of this nonsense. JoAnn Bartholomew

August 31, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  15. the prophet

Ok I did read the article and i understand however, since we are talking about Nigerua the mosth scam artist country in the world, plus authorities are terrorist themselves too so who are you defending dude!!!

August 31, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |