September 5th, 2011

California fire threatens 800 homes

A fire caused by a plane crash threatened 800 homes or structures in Tehachapi, California, on Monday, with nearly 5,000 acres ablaze in rugged terrain, according to state and local officials.

Six hundred firefighters were on the scene trying to corral the 4,759-acre fire.

A relief center has been set up at Jacobsen Junior High School in Tehachapi for evacuees.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: California • Fire
  1. CLEARSKY

600 FIREFIGHTERS/ 5000 ACERS/ 800 HOMES GONE DUE TO AIRCRAFT CRASHING: I SAY EVERYONE TRAINED TEACH CIVILIANS THE BASICS ON THE SPOT. COST LESS THAN TO REBUILD AND LESS WILL BE DESTROYED AND GIVE VOLUNTEERS SOMETHING FOR BRAVERY AND HARD WORK

September 5, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anomic Office Drone

Let's start the training now.

Step 1: Turn off Caps Lock

September 6, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. CLEARSKY

TRAINING TECHNIQUES NEED TO BE MODIFIED AND IMPLEMENTED BECAUSE WEATHER IS UNPREDICTABLE

September 5, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Gerard Depardieu

perhaps I could help.

September 5, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • gillian

Funny dude. Nice touch. I literally laughed out loud

September 6, 2011 at 2:03 am | Report abuse |
  4. Yeddo

Clearsky, dude, your capslock is stuck.

September 5, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Yeddo

Can't you un stuck it?

September 5, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. fernace

Sorry to hear about this! Texas feels for y'all !!

September 6, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  7. the prophet

Fellow Americans, when are you going to realize that our Government is the reason and the cause we have become impoverished, policed and subordinated, unhealthy. uneducated, socially disconnected. Living in a fast decaying society ruled and told what to do, on our next elections don’t vote for no one in protest, don’t elect no new party to run
    our lives and much less the home we live in, let the
    Government run out. This is step one, not as a
    prophet but as a reformist, this is the American I see
    and we should have for generation to come.
    Join me and our walk towards liberation show your interest voice your thoughts on this blog

September 6, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  8. s kel

If you blame all onthe govt, prophet, you could not write what you just wrote. Ok gloom and doom govt hater?

September 6, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. s kel

Oh and there would be no firefighters to contain those fires.

September 6, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  10. Zuriat

It is amazing how so many of the oinlne marketing efforts can now be measured oinlne. Google amazes me with all of their analytics and such.

March 12, 2012 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Becky

That sounds scary. I hope nobody was hurt. I was just looking at New York new homes, too. Now I'll have to see that the homes I look at have all the right anti-fire precautions.

June 1, 2012 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  12. jaym

Nice post and site. this is amazing. thanks for sharing .

December 11, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |