September 5th, 2011

Monday's live video events

CNN.com Live is your home for the race toward the 2012 presidential election.

Today's programming highlights...

8:00 am ET - NATO chief discusses Libya - NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen holds his monthly briefing with reporters.

12:00 pm ET - Sarah Palin in New Hampshire - We still don't know if she's running for president, but former Alaska governor Sarah Palin visits the battleground state of New Hampshire to address a Tea Party Express event.

1:15 pm ET - Obama Labor Day remarks - President Obama travels to Detroit, Michigan, to address a Labor Day event.

3:00 pm ET - Race to 2012: Palmetto Freedom Forum - Six GOP presidential candidates - Bachmann, Cain, Gingrich, Perry, Paul and Romney - participate in Sen. Jim DeMint's presidential forum.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Elections • Libya
  1. RUFFNUTT© ( elf slayer & 15th lvl warrior )

an elf dragon... argh.. luckly i have "elf thummper 2 " handy...

September 5, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Ahkmed the Terror Guy

*face of paln* It is for being times like these Ahkmed wish Philip arm him with more than fake plastic suicide vest.

September 5, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Philip

Can it Ahkmed. Or the next time I make you dump orange water coloring in the LA aquaduct, you'll be wearing a baby pacifier when you pose for your 'al-qaeda takes credit' picture.

September 5, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. me

what's next for Ahkmed, Have you decided on the next adventure? Maybe a prediction of the next country to be invaded ?

September 5, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. me

Oh, LA my fav! Orange water?
    Yes those who take often are weak
    While those who give, like you are the richest people in the world!
    Good Morning my friend, Nice to see your story line, keep it coming please!

September 5, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. me

Off for the day, sorry I missed you.
    Have a good Monday! :)

September 5, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. trolls

Simply ignore them. DON'T FEED THE TROLLS. When you feed them, they multiply. Don't even give them the time of day. Many here remember how enjoyable it used to be (not that it still isn't one of my favorite places in cyberspace) before trolling became the earmark of CNN News blogs. I guarantee you that they would have never been able to disrupt this place as they have if we wouldn't have been feeding them with sooooo much attention all this time. Me? Of course I would rather have your attention than seeing it wasted on an impy troll. You may not like what I post, but at least it's something. Troll's have nothing to add to this place. I solemnly vow to never mention the word 'Troll ' here ever again. That goes for Ahkmed and my other charachters as well. he he

September 5, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. me

Not a troll, go with your story please

September 5, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

What is Ahkmed's fee for simple private terror, that is, visual intimidation (with his fake vest) involving no violence but a stern warning?

September 5, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Dr No

Don't forget the LOOK, Nice and stern. And maybe a bright color vest might be thrown in for good measure. lol

September 5, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. trolls

Don't feed the trolls. Ignore them. I repeat. Ignore them.

September 5, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. banasy©

I have to say that the first 15 posts made me laugh...and some of the names, too...such as randy, very.
    Charlie Brown's Teacher is one voice I employ all the time.
    It amuses me no end!
    Happy Monday, and have a good Labor Day, everyone!

September 5, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. banasy©

Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Ok, got it.

September 5, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. skippy

swish, gargile, spit

Opps, Got it on my shirt, ewwwww

September 5, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. gung hoe

Grunt pinch wipe ooops wash with bleach

September 5, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse | Reply