Gotta Watch: The end of 'Kate Plus 8'
TLC's "Kate Plus 8" series ended Monday night.
September 13th, 2011

Gotta Watch: The end of 'Kate Plus 8'

TLC's "Kate Plus 8" may not have been as epic as, say, "M*A*S*H" or "Seinfeld," but we certainly won't forget it. The six-year-old series, which was called "Jon and Kate Plus 8" until Kate Gosselin and her husband divorced and he was fired from the show, came to an end Monday night. Today, Gotta Watch looks back at Kate's advice to "Octomom" Nadia Suleman, the Gosselin's ugly custody war and Kate's short-lived stint on "Dancing With the Stars."

Advice to 'Octomom' - If you mention Kate Gosselin and Nadia Suleman in the same sentence nowadays, it may seem like a setup to a joke. But, not so long ago, we actually asked Gosselin what advice she'd give the so-called "Octomom" when Suleman's kids were born.

Kate's dancing shoes - Kate's appearance on "Dancing With the Stars" fired up fans and critics alike, but it also stoked the 4-alarm inferno that was her custody battle with ex-husband, Jon.

He said, she said - We had a ringside seat to some of the lowest lows in Jon and Kate's shattered relationship. Here, Jon reads a private email from Kate on camera and Kate cuts short Jon's visit with the kids on their birthday.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Dance • Showbiz • TV
  1. deb

You had me at "The end of KATE....."

September 13, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jeff

Look for the kids next week on Craig's list. Now that Kate can't make a profit off the fruits of her loins, she might as well try to unload them.

September 13, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

I would guess shes going to drive off an overpass or something

Still would be better than having a c**t(rhymes with punt) for a mom

September 14, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  3. Johnny

I used to watch it. Kate was a total B to her husband. That poor guy made the wrong move marrying her.

September 13, 2011 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jon

I wish I were her husband! I'd "beis%" slap her in her place and she'd fix my breakfast in bed.

September 13, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jim

@Mike: Thanks for the info but I doubt it'll do a bit of good. Unfortunately a lot of people just can't get enough of reality tv cr ap.

September 13, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Raine

can't believe Kate is still seeking to remain in the limelight to draw attention to herself. Kate needs to go back to her nursing profession & pay attention to the "reality show" of her own LIFE as the mother of 8 children. After having two perfectly healthy twin girls, she and Jon took the risk & brought 6 MORE kids into their family. It is time they BOTH took full responsiblity to support their own children.
    The kids are older & to me seemingly have lost their "cuteness" appeal. Hearing the kids and Kate constantly whine and complain and cry is stomach churning. Kate enjoys the benefits of wonderful vacations, hair/makeup/clothing stylist to look great on TV. The children think THIS is real life. The children are in for a wakeup call once the cameras are gone and they are no longer the center of attention on a TV show.
    Wake up Kate, you've already taken this as far as it can go. I was never a true fan of the show, I did watch it in the begnning. It lost its appeal once Kate & Jon started the figthing. Once Kate became a nasty loud mouth & Jon sttarted sleeping around with all those young women I stopped watching.
    I no longer watch the Duggar family either. Jim Bob needs to keep it in his pants & stop making more babies. Michelle Duggar & baby Josie almost lost their lives, yet they think God will "save them".
    The Duggars keep all their kids under their thumbs and the kids have no real contact with the outside world. It seems none of the Duggar kids will attend college. The girls it seems are busy taking care of the younger Duggar babies while their parents keeping producing more babies. The girls all talk about marrying & having babies. They don't talk about colelge or a working careers. The Duggars seem like a cult, associating only with other families of the same religious beliefs & lifestyle. The Duggar kids are smothered by their parents & kept away from the outside world.
    The Duggar kids need to face reality & get out into the real world. GO TO COLLEGE DUGGARS KIDS!

September 14, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  7. jim

@Raine: they're both cr@p tv so who gives a rats' @ss.

September 14, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. Debby

To MsMHS.................AMEN! I couldn't have said it better! I can't even bear to watch a commercial for any of the shows you mentioned, especially pawn jerks! I can't change the channel fast enough. How sad, that these OBNOXIOUS people have somehow become our idea of entertainment. Whatever happened to quality TV? I just shut it off and read a book.

September 14, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Janessa

Since I stopped watching any TLC programming or celebrity news shows, I have made way more friends, spend more time outdoors, am now travelling more. I feel way more positive and healthy. Finally made the decision to sell my TV! The best thing I ever did and now six friends in the past 10 months have done the same. Do yourself a huge favor and try it on a trial basis.Cheers..

September 16, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  10. Janessa

Kate always looked like she had a huge knot in her face! Must be painful. Bets, it's bigger these days.

September 16, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  11. earn money online india

We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your website provided us with useful information to paintings on. You have done an impressive activity and our whole group will be grateful to you.

March 30, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  12. feng shui consultant dallas

I am really inspired together with your writing talents and also with the layout to your blog. Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it yourself? Anyway keep up the nice high quality writing, it is rare to look a nice blog like this one today..

April 18, 2012 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |