Father asks Natalee Holloway be declared dead
Natalee Holloway disappeared on Aruba in 2005.
September 14th, 2011

Father asks Natalee Holloway be declared dead

The father of Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teenager who vanished while on a graduation trip to Aruba in 2005, has asked a court to declare his daughter dead.

Dave Holloway filed a petition for the presumption of death of persons missing more than five years with Jefferson County Probate Court in Alabama on June, 21, chief clerk Jackie Rhodes confirmed to CNN.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Aruba • Crime • Natalee Holloway
  1. maria tromp

@ Andy, are they still searching? When did the last seach take place. I would never NEVER do that, my son's case is similar to Nat's case, vanished without a trace in Aruba. I would never do that, not for all the money in the world. The only thing I want is to know what happened to my son and what they did to him and WHO did whatever they did and why? i just wish Dave would do that too!

September 14, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kelly Jack

Maria your son is also missing from Aruba? You have my heartfelt sympathy. Whatever happened to America BOYCOTTING Aruba? Why would parents still allow school trips there? America needs to cut ties with Aruba...seriously. There are other beautiful places to visit and if an American citizen wants to go there, they should get there on their own. I.E. NO American plane or Boat service to Aruba. Aruba is like going into the Bermuda triangle, for Americans. This new case just backs that up....

September 14, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angelo

@ Kelly Jack. So baiscally you are blaming Aruba for this disappearance. How about boycotting your own town, city or state too which probably has more disappearances a year than Aruba

September 19, 2011 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

This is such a sad case all around...

September 14, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Javier

Yeah why go to Aruba when there are other options...I hear the hiking around the Iran Iraq border is quite an adventure

September 14, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • CincyJim

Lots of "fun" to be had IF one knows where to look.

September 15, 2011 at 4:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. Andy

@Maria: I don't know. If they're still looking or not I was only pointing out legal reason why they would want her to be declared dead. And I am sorry about your loss also, my deepest sympathy.

September 15, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. maria tromp

Maybe her slaver will not only say "look your dad gave up on you" but will also say: "and they are never gonna catch me and my friends, because we are so powerfull, we can get away with everything we do"

Why boycott Aruba and forget about Natalee, All we need is the TRUTH about Natalee and all other victims of hidden crimes . So sad the dad gave up on her, how can there be closure now, not knowing anything about yr child?? This is so strange, I have to say.

September 15, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply