Lawyer: American hikers' release in Iran could come soon
U.S. hikers Shane Bauer (L) and Josh Fattal (shown in February) are reportedly near to being released from prison.
September 17th, 2011

Lawyer: American hikers' release in Iran could come soon

A lawyer for two American hikers held in Iran for more than two years told CNN on Saturday that Iranian authorities are close to signing documents that could mean the pair are released on bail from Tehran's Evin prison.

Masoud Shafiee, attorney for Josh Fattal and Shane Bauer, said he was "very hopeful" they might be released Saturday.

On Tuesday, the lawyer raised hopes that the pair might soon be freed. Shafiee said the two men could be released after a $500,000 bail was paid for each of them.

FULL STORY

Filed under: Hikers • Iran • Uncategorized
  1. Joey Isotta Fraschini

It must be difficult for the families. I hope all will be well and that they will soon be united. It will make their Thanksgiving very special and meaningful. Today is leg day for me at the gym.

September 17, 2011 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  2. yada

I like to read books and drink chocolate. I like love stories. I don't read politics-not my cup of tea.

September 17, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. yada

I am so relieved that their are less trolls now than in the past. Ok Iran you need money. Go work for it. Don't extort americans.

September 17, 2011 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  4. yada

7:03 and 7:27 are not my posts. Trolls are out and this one has a sense of humor.

September 17, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  5. yada

@ Raven. Check out what I posted this morning on the Rescued Fawn story. I was trolled there too. I would never write stuff like that to you. Apparently the troll thought I was a guy.

September 17, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  6. yada

@raven. I am NOT a male. I am female. I use Maybalene and Ardan make up. I'm pretty too. Guys are always after me. I get flowers and chocolates all the time. I have to go now. Time for my Saturday bubble bath. Tata.

September 17, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  7. raven

Ok yada. Thanks for letting me know..

September 17, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  8. joe

@Joey: No one needs to here your life story and what your daily plans are.

September 17, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  9. Get it over with already

Go ahead and invade/occupy Iran as Iraq and Afghanistan. Iran is one of your "axis of evils" proclaimed by christian leader fmr. President Dubya Bush. Get Iran done so I can watch Venezuela get invaded. It will be much more interesting, given Venezuela's mountainous terrain.

September 17, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. joe

Leg day,ha! I can weight lift 440 LBS. And that's on a bad day,Joey. I work out eat right and have no problems with women,if you know what I mean. In fact,I have a hot date tonight. I also make $$$ as a doctor's assistant.

September 17, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Atsa Holotta-Spaghetti

When I'm not at the gym I love love love power steppin to the oldies with my Richard Simmons tapes! ;-D

September 17, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. analytical reasoner

With Belize and El Salvadore just now being placed on the White House list of "countries producing drugs and exporting them to US", ALL of central America is on the list. It goes without saying what country tops the WH list of "Countries consuming drugs." The USA's ongoing love-affair with drugs resembles the 'Eveready Rabbit' it just keeps going and going, only it has a crackpipe in it's mouth, a backpack full of weed, sunglasses made of crystal meth, a pocket full of prescriptions and an M.D. shadowing it with pen and prescription pad in hand. And get this, it's other pocket is full of welfare checks...as if a loving father with drug-addict children still rewards them with an allowance so they can afford more drugz.

September 17, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. the REAL yada

Not my post @ 11:28

September 17, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Cousin It

Yada stop posting and noone likes a troll.

September 17, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Joe

@Atsa Holotta, hey dude. I bet you can't hold a candle next to me. I have more money and women than I can handle. Women they love me

September 17, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |