September 22nd, 2011

Dow drops 391 points

Stock prices sank Thursday - with the Dow Jones industrial average dropping 391 points - after dour comments about the economy from the Federal Reserve.

Seeking safe havens, investors moved into U.S. Treasuries, which rallied and pushed the yield on the 10-year note down to new record lows.

Nasdaq Composite and the S&P 500 sank more than 3%.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Business • Economy
  1. jimmy

Itll be ok. Itll go back up afore we know it. Plus if you are dollar cost averaging and have a good while until retirement time this may be a good thing.

September 22, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. beaver

I used to work with Tony Dow. He was a good guy.

September 22, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Andreas Moser

Thank god I am a poor student and have no stocks.

September 22, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mr, President

Why aren't my policies working? Why does big business think I am a moron? I'm really good at playing basketball. Maybe I should have played for the Harlem Globetrotters. They have a lot of fun.Oh well, got to go. Time to plan my next vacation. When I am gone, everything gets better. My policies must be working. Let me go talk my friend Hoffa. He knows all.

September 22, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@beaver:

Oh, my God!
    Now THAT'S funny!

September 22, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. the prophet

The gaming of the stock market is designed for speculations so why is the media surprised when the market is down the media never talks about thousands of investors getting rich on the market going down!! Ha get a grip on the truth news people suck liars

September 22, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. s kel

the asz that did mr pres. Is an example or simple minded, typical weak tea party humor.har de har har.

September 22, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. s kel

probably sitting in their trailer, smoking meth and cleaning their shotgun.

September 22, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  9. s kel

under the confederate, nazi, and us flags.

September 22, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  10. chrissy

luv the har de har har s kel lol and beaver u werent implying that tony dow frequently went down were you??? lmao ok that was just wrong

September 23, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

ok jimmy falon is on gotta go for now. hes too freakin funny to miss and dayum easy on the eyes too! chao for now

September 23, 2011 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. s kel

lol enjoy chrissy, blog u later:-)

September 23, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  13. Rich Groah

Proverbs 10 vse. 15 The rich man,s wealth is his strong city: The destuction of the poor is His Poverty. This is our problem in America today @ until this changes we are doomed. It couldnt have been said any better (this verse).

September 23, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |