Rapper T.I. released from halfway house
September 29th, 2011

Rapper T.I. released from halfway house

Rapper T.I. was released from an Atlanta halfway house Thursday morning, his lawyer said.

The popular hip-hop artist, whose real name is Clifford Harris Jr., wass serving an 11-month sentence for violating his parole on a gun conviction.

The rapper served two stints in the Arkansas prison. He served seven months there in 2009 as part of an unusual sentence negotiated two years ago to resolve federal gun charges. Those charges followed his attempt to buy three machine guns in the parking lot of an Atlanta grocery store.

His latest time behind bars was triggered by his arrest, along with his wife, after a motorcycle officer stopped their car on Sunset Boulevard in Beverly Hills, California, a year ago.

A police report said suspected drugs were found in the couple's car and they were both arrested on drug charges. While the charge against the rapper was later dropped, he failed a drug test given by his parole officer.

When T.I. walked out of prison on August 31, he tweeted, "The storm is over & da sun back out."

T.I. had been released to a halfway house and briefly returned back to prison after confusion regarding how he got to the halfway house and who was with him.

Post by:
Filed under: Showbiz • TI
  1. arronb

Hey "No Name" maybe if you stop judging us for judging him, you might not seem like such a hypocrite, I mean really you don't know any of us but your judging us. What a misinformed individual.!

September 30, 2011 at 3:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Crazy

He will do it again. I think he his used to prisoned.

October 1, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • hillman

yes he will they all will and they do everyday

October 2, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  3. GK

Now that he is out , he can start making those millions for his managers, book sales and M.T.V.
    He's right up there with Movie Stars, Basket Ball, Foot Ball, Michel Vick and Reality Show Stars like Snooki and the Kardashians.
    While you and my house mortgage is underwater. My Bank Raises My Fees, Gas and Food Prices head to the MOON. My car is 12 years old my kids collage education has gone up 1000 % but I can get any help with funding because they are white and middle class ! Who speak English and not rap or Ebonics !

October 1, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • nron13

Dead on!! Where is the story of the 700 protest rally get arrested?!?!?

October 2, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • hillman

yep and brag some more about having shot a person,having dope in his car and guns doing driveby's smoking weed drinking juice beating b**chs and braging how well prison guards and inmates treated him yep all that oh and most importantly being pulled over for no reason for jus being black when alls he did was talk about having dope in his cars and guns yep back to his old self and calling white people racist becuz he got pulled over when all he was doing was jus driving down the road on a cold rainy day and all of sudden cops pulled him over for riding dirty while beating his hoe.

October 2, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Shanna

Really?!?!?Cnn is reporting on this crap, and the protests in NYC isn't being covered!?!?!?!?!Something is seriously wrong with this country and the mainstream media!

October 1, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply