October 17th, 2011

Cardinals to take on Rangers in World Series

The St. Louis Cardinals defeated the Milwaukee Brewers 12-6 in Game 6 Sunday night to win the National League Championship Series.

The Cards will now take on the Texas Rangers in the World Series, which begins Wednesday.

St. Louis has won the World Series 10 times, most recently in 2006.

For the Rangers, it will be their second straight appearance.

Texas lost Major League Baseball's championship series last year to the San Francisco Giants.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Baseball • Sports • U.S. • World
  1. banasy©

I'll bet our Scottish Mama is dancing right about now...

It would have been much better if it were a Cardinals/Tigers WS, but there you go.
    Wtg, St. Louis.

October 17, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Scottish Mama

Thanks Banasy yeah baby, haven't beem here since the world wind started. glued to every inning out. I really wanted to Tigers to win. I thought it would be fun to raze Gung during the games, dang.

October 18, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

yea but if it cant be the tigers im glad its the cardinals! go scottishmama lol

October 17, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Scottish Mama

I will have my Cardinal red on, thanks.

October 18, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  3. gung hoe

Yep Im with the ladys go cards luv ya moma

October 17, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. s kel

Come on St Louis beat Texas.

October 17, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Scottish Mama

Texas has been hitting pretty good, I hope the Cards are on. Their hot and cold sometimes. I think if their on, it is going to be some high scoring games.

October 18, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

Those are my sentiments *exactly*!
    I'll be rooting for the Cards.
    I usually root for the AL teams; I'm crissing over.

October 17, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Scottish Mama

Gooooooooooooooo Cards. The heat is on. Have you seen those Squirrel shirts, OMG. You would think we would have picked a better mascot.
      Banasy Come to the dark side.
      Its a winner, as Jack Buck used to say, I loved that ole man, the voice of the cardinals since I was young girl. When he passed, it was like a family member of everyone in St. Louis died. The out pouring of thoughts to the family was tremendous.

October 18, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

I'll be there rooting the cards on, mama.
    I never cares for Texas, anyway.

October 18, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse | Reply