October 24th, 2011

Netflix says it lost 800,000 U.S. subscribers last quarter

Netflix reports that it shed 800,000 U.S. subscribers last quarter, but revenue for the period hit a record high of $822 million.

Read the complete story on CNN.com

Post by:
Filed under: Economy • U.S.
  1. Paul www.youtube.com/ny007ny

It was a lose lose. Netflix had to spend almost a billion dollars to get the licensing rights this year so they had a HUGE increase in their spending. They raised prices in return and got bit in the butt :)

October 25, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mardi

Oh, boy, where to begin? Tin foil hat, anyone? CIA? Hypocritical attacks of people? Adult films? And I supposed to connect the dots here?
    Netflix sucks.

October 25, 2011 at 8:03 am | Report abuse |
    • FaykeKname

If you know of a better streaming video service let us know. But I don't think you do.

October 25, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  3. Portland Tony

Where did they go?

October 25, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  4. Yawneez

I see the internet bully has been picking on Donna AGAIN. When will he learn that Karma has a price! Leave people alone! Just shut up! What a douchbag!!!!

October 25, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. Yawneez

Oh, yeah, I just dropped Netflix because they raised there prices and lowered the stock...I agree they suck.

October 25, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  6. Gene

Yeah but they are charging almost double the price!!! They only lost 800k customers?? Thats nothing! They are still making more money even if they lose another 10 million customers!!!!!!! _+++++ Why cant anyone see this??????????????????????

October 25, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Uh....Gene.....how did you become so knowledgeable about Netflix' financials. At what point does their balance sheet tip into the red?

October 25, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  7. igrooveu

So, how is the... (how shall I say it) customer report now?....Greed/reed soon parted...about 800,000 people parted, that is the only your going to see rise.(customer loss)..isn't that interesting with the word Greed, take off the "G",and what do you get?

October 26, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Ivan A

Netflix is Ok, but increase of cost I am paying and compensation of their CEO does not connect, I gave them almost a year to improve the service I was paying twice for... Nothing changed, CEO get his compensation, I continue paying twice, for what?
    Sorry, I was waiting for some time, nothing changes with the service except the price I am paying, good bye, and thank you Netflix.

December 24, 2011 at 1:42 am | Report abuse |