Singer Amy Winehouse's death this summer was the result of alcohol poisoning, an inquest ruled Wednesday, as it reached a verdict of "death by misadventure."
A pathologist told a coroner's court in north London that alcohol toxicity was the cause of the 27-year-old's death, with her blood-alcohol levels measured at more than five times the legal limit for driving.
The Grammy award-winning artist, who had battled with alcohol and drug abuse over several years, was found dead at her north London home July 23.
Testimony at her inquest showed no traces of illegal drugs in Winehouse's system - but more details emerged about her losing battle with alcohol.
Winehouse's physician, Dr. Christina Romete, said she saw Winehouse at 7 p.m. the day before she died, when the singer was tipsy but still able to hold a conversation.
Asked when she was going to stop drinking, Winehouse replied that she would call Romete over the weekend to discuss it, the physician said.
Winehouse was determined to do things her own way, including therapy, Romete said, but was aware of the risks of alcohol abuse.
OMFG PED strikes again!
Who cares about a wealthy woman who makes millions. I am so sick of hearing about this person who was at best mediocre. She did what she did. She is worthless, nothing more, nothing less.
How many will alcohol kill before it is banned: Hank Williams Sr. , Keith Whitley and countless others. Devil's brew.
It is as deadly as illegal drugs and i believe she mixed them
You believe she mixed them even though no drugs were found in her system???? You are the definition of stupid.
You probably think Marijuana is deadly, too.
This blog – This Just In – will no longer be updated. Looking for the freshest news from CNN? Go to our ever-popular CNN.com homepage on your desktop or your mobile device, and join the party at @cnnbrk, the world's most-followed account for news.