October 26th, 2011

U.N.: World days away from 7 billion population

The world is days away from officially reaching a population of 7 billion, the United Nations said in a report Wednesday.

The milestone, to be declared on October 31, is a huge spike from less than a century ago. In 1927, the global population was only 2 billion.

Only 13 years ago, the population was at 6 billion, the U.N. says.

While reaching 7 billion in 2011 has long been predicted, the new U.N. report Wednesday - "State of World Population 2011" - looks at challenges and opportunities coming from the dramatic growth.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: World • World Update
  1. raven

I guess the world really doesnt revolve around just me . Gonna have to let this sink in..

October 26, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

@raven:

No, it does *not* revolve around you.
    Get it straight, lady – it revolves around *ME*!

October 26, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sheryl

Moi.

October 26, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. raven

La La La.. I cant hear you..

October 26, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  5. WOT

We should have more than 7 billion, Roe vs wade has kill a Billion!

October 26, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat2u

@ banasy AND raven

You are both wrong. It all revolves around me.
    After all, I'm so bright my mother called me son.

October 26, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "Giving Back"

"Each on of the 7 billion will recieve our welcome gift. The award winning book : HOW TO MAKE LOTS OF BABIES AND GET FREE PHARMACEUTICLES WHILE COLLECTING GOVERNMENT ASSISTANCE. This beautifly illustrated manual will tell you how to avoid case worker audits, trading pharmaceuticles for cash when you need it the most. Special sections include having your way with hard working and the wealthy, and to take away what they have without being spotted. How to take Carribean junkets on other peoples money. This book normally sells for $19.97, but today get it for only $10.97. If you rush now, you can get a second volume...absolutley FREE !!!

October 26, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Jeff Frank

[i]Written by Philip, right?[/i]

October 27, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bobcat2u

What's that adress and toll free phone number ?
    I want to be the first on my block to get this. And is there a money back garauntee ?

October 26, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |