October 28th, 2011

Car bomb kills head of Yemeni counterterrorism unit

A car bomb exploded in Aden on Friday, killing the commander of a Yemeni counterterrorism unit and seriously injuring two children, according to a Yemeni government official who is not authorized to speak to the media.

Major Gen. Ali Al-Hajji commanded a battalion of Central Security Forces troops, which includes counterterrorism units, the official said.

The bomb was planted in Al-Hajji's car and exploded while the vehicle was traveling near the 22 May Soccer Stadium, according to the official.

Two children standing near the car when it exploded, ages 5 and 14, were seriously injured by the blast and were taken to a hospital, the official said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Yemen
  1. nightshade

Okay. The headline read that the carbomb killed the head. Well, what about the rest of him?

October 28, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Actually nightshade, no part of him was any good. This man was no less evil than any German Nazi general in WW2. What matters here is that this man is gone and good riddance!!!

October 28, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  2. George Patton

As the true George Patton, I most certainly did post that!!! I wish everybody would quit posting their unfunny, meaningless things and let the serious posters have their say!!!

October 28, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. George Patton

Not me at 7:07! I wish those left-wing thugs would quit trolling me!!! All I ever hear is their liberal blah blah blah!!! CNN needs to get these people off the blogs!!! It's as simple as that!!!

October 28, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

Good trolling, Phunnie boy. Now that was at least funny for a change.

October 28, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

By the way, in order to avoid any confusion here, I did post at 7:07. Moreover, I agree with the 7:45 post although it was posted by one of my trolls above.

October 28, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • leeintulsa

I've pretty much ignored the whole thing..

October 29, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  4. leeintulsa

Ya know, taking a job like commander of a yemeni counterterrorism unit carries a certain degree of risk.. Like he who takes the job terrorist.

Maybe it's a single, CHILDLESS, man's game..

October 29, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

I pretty much ignore everything george Patton has to say.
    I always have; I only had to read one post to know what he'll say in all...

October 29, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
    • chrissy

And George Patton is one of the very few people here to post sensible and meaningfull comments on these treads since this banasy and these others never got past the 5th grade in school. I'm tired of all these people here like banasy with their third grade mentalities!!!

October 29, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Uncle Ray

Now Phillip you know you are a lousy troll .Why try to fool these nice people

October 30, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |