October 28th, 2011

Friday's live events

CNN.com Live is your home for gavel-to-gavel coverage of Dr. Conrad Murray's involuntary manslaughter trial.

Today's programming highlights...

10:00 am ET - Herman Cain's breakfast reception - GOP presidential candidate Herman Cain is spending the day in Alabama.  He starts with a tea party breakfast reception in McClellan.

11:45 am ET - Conrad Murray trial - Testimony continues in the trial of Dr. Conrad Murray, who's charged with involuntary manslaughter in the death of Michael Jackson.

12:15 pm ET - Perry enters New Hampshire primary - GOP presidential candidate Gov. Rick Perry may answer questions about his debate philosophy after he officially files the paperwork needed to run in New Hampshire's primary.

5:50 pm ET - Romney's New Hampshire town hall - GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney holds a town hall-style meeting in Manchester, New Hampshire.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Conrad Murray • Crime • Elections • Politics
  1. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

The maddening thing is that report abuse does occasionally work. If it never worked, I would never bother. I don't know what their process is. Maybe they just spot check the complaints instead of going through each one, or if they simply think it's OK to use words like "retard" and make extremely childish insults.

October 28, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. dragonex

Hello everyone.
    Still unsure with the Republican Candidates and not impressed with the debates. As for the MJ trial don't follow it much.
    I feel the attack of the trolls on people is cyber bullying. Teenagers can get in trouble for doing
    it. Some suicides have occurred from it. CNN should be more proactive to stopping this. If someone dies and a lawyer gets involved they could be in a liability suit along with the perpetrators. The report abuse button is for that but their being inactive to do anything about the abuse leaves that door wide open.

October 28, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

Saywhat, I have to agree with you; the state of out nation is precarious, indeed.
    Caution: rocky road ahead.

@Mama:
    I sing all the time, too, and my gd is a happy little one, too!
    (When not teething, which she madly is right now...)
    I hum a lot, also; she loves to lay on my chest when I do. Gb's are awesome!
    My humming in not so much fun for the people at the library; it drives them nuts.
    I don't even know I'm doing it at times.

October 28, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Hi, dragonex.
    I agree completely with all of your assessments.
    Teenagers are not the only ones who get into trouble; adults are equally as responsible for harassment.
    CNN *should* do more, but this particular blog doesn't have a mod, and it doesn't have any option like other blogs to indicate what kind of abuse it is, I don't think.
    The few times I've seen CNN on an actual computer screen was a long time ago; has that changed?

October 28, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

hello dragonex but i am on my cell phone and i do not have that feature. believe me ive looked.

October 28, 2011 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

It stinks, doesn't it, chrissy?
    Well, rest assured your friends report it for you.
    I only hope they do the same for me...

October 28, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

kewl ty my friends. i dont care as much when she talks smack bout me but its way below the belt when u talk smack bout my smi son. evil in the lst degree! u know how that feels banasy as uve endured it yourself.

October 28, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. dragonex

I'm on a phone also but their home page via computer has an IReport button and you can leave a video message or text/email option.

October 28, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Scottish Mama

@Saywhat-I was actually the person that put the Coffee Party in motion on the blogs, when I saw what was happening to the Tea Party Hijaced, I decided to make a mockery of it and said, (in January, I want the American people to wake up and smell the coffee party,
    Community
    Of
    Friends,
    Family,
    Employers,
    Engaged
    2 weeks later this Parker woman was putting together an internet site and on CNN.

October 28, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Scottish Mama

When you see your name that is not you Chrissy Just put not me and we will do the report button for you.

October 28, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

ok tired now ttyl

October 28, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Dang it, another lengthy post didn't go! What was the trip word? Vonnegut?

October 28, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Bimbo the Birthday Clown

Oh. T I T A N. Right. It was about the STOP button that didn't actually do anything on Unk and Boaz's ship (in the Vonnegut novel that apparently contains a bad word). It was just there on the control panel to make them feel better.

October 28, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Sandeep

so. You have the right to worship awynay you wish. And I have to right to ask you to realize that the religion you worship may not be the right one. If you dont wish to change, tell me and I wont bring it up again unless you are dear to me and I really would like to see you in heaven after we die. The problem is that too many religions promise that you will get to heaven if you do things their way but have nothing to back that up. Mine at least lays down ways to do it. Ignoring the sins of others if they will ignore your sins isnt a way that ANY religion promises, to my knowledge.

March 12, 2012 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |