November 12th, 2011

Shots fired at Venezuelan candidate's bus

A couple on a motorcycle fired shots into a bus carrying Venezuelan opposition presidential candidate Maria Corina Machado and her supporters Saturday, a campaign spokesman told CNN en Español.

No one was injured in the incident, which happened on the east side of the capital, Caracas, according to Alfredo Mesa from Machado's campaign.

Machado is one of several presidential candidates who will participate in a primary in February. The winner will be the unity opposition candidate to run against President Hugo Chavez.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Venezuela
  1. raven

@Mmmm: lol, I gotcha. Im a lil slow on the uptake sometimes, huh? It serves me well sometimes,other times,not so much, lol. Hi gung, hows it goin ?

November 12, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mmmmm

your case is very mild...I am very socially awkard about death announcements and tragedies...if I'm not careful I breakout hysterical, tear jerking laughter...the more hysterical and upsetting the family or the person gets the harder I laugh...I had run from the area so as not to offend. It is not that I find their pain amusing it's just I did not know how to address loss or to provide consolation, or how to handle that kind of stress for their problem was so final and there was nothing I could do to make it better; so my Perry moment was to laugh...my family members generally live to be old as dirt taking somebody else's time...eventually raven you will develope those skills

November 13, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

@raven: congratulations
    Lmao!

November 12, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

@gung hoe:
    Wetbacks?
    I think this is the first one I've ever awarded you...
    *Facepalm*!

November 12, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. lgung hoe

Im sorry banasy probably shouldnt give illegal aliens a name like that,But when
    they come into our country and take work from american workers and dont have to pay their fair share of taxes,you tend to get hard feelings toward a group of people

November 13, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

Shut up, fakey.

November 13, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I feel the same way, gung hoe. Hugo Chavez is indeed a very good man despite what the right-wing thugs in Washington say about him. In fact, you can no longer believe anything the politicians in Washington say since they constantly lied to us time and again over the years!!!

November 13, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. gung hoe

Starting @ 1258 not me

November 13, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. raven

Ive been around a lotta death, personally and professionally. I also have done what you describe. At my grampas(whom I loved beyond words) a bee landed on my cousins nose and I lost it, cracked up so hard I had to walk away . And we were outside. Nerves and grief do funny things to a psyche.

November 14, 2011 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |