November 14th, 2011

Occupy Oakland protesters prepare for possible eviction

Police in riot gear assembled in Oakland, California on Monday in an apparent preparation to clear a downtown encampment of Occupy Oakland protesters.

City officials in Oakland have issued an eviction notice ordering protesters to leave the Frank Ogawa Plaza. The order came a day after a "frequent resident" of the camp allegedly shot and killed another man.

Protester Tania Kappner told CNN affiliate KTVU that protesters had no intention of leaving.

"The camp is prepared to defend itself and, I mean, obviously the police have been very brutal in the past and that is a concern," she said Sunday night. "But people are still here, people are saying, you know, 'We are not going anywhere.'"

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Economy • Occupy Wall Street
  1. banasy©

If people don't know what the Occupy movement is about, after repeated stories and posts that have been ignored, then they simply don't want to know.
    And that's fine, I really don't care.
    I will say *this* again: any and every benefit and change that OWS and its offshoots gain should, in the best interest of keeping opponent's integrity, be refused by the opposition.
    A bit of the "Little Red Hen" story.
    Don't want to help bake the bread, please don't eat any.

November 14, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jj

there goes the race card again. flippin hilarious!!! s kel thats not a very nice thing to say but thats a typical statement from a liberal. i do stand by my statement because it a hundred percent accurate.

November 14, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. gung hoe

@banasy hah this time I Know your not talking to me yes I did make a comment about the OWS but mine was a suggestion. Now skel and I got off topic about your hynass obama

November 14, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

@gung hoe:
    See how I did that, toots?
    I did the old @gung hoe.
    That's how you'll know! 😉

November 14, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

It is a proven fact that whatever party is currently in office, the opposing party is going to talk crap about him (her).

November 14, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  6. gung hoe

@banasy ya but problem was you didnt @ anyone luv

November 14, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  7. wcnea567

There is absolutely no valid reason for cities and cops to evict peaceful protesters. They should work out agreements so peaceful protests can go on and keep areas clean, peaceful and save. There is no reason to have parks closed at certain hours of the day. Cities and cops have over reacted and spend tax dollars to create more chaos. Criminal activities are common in all cities but cops don't spend enough to solve them. Many parts of all cities are covered with filth and cities don't do anything about them. All of a sudden they are so concern about the protesters now. Violent proned cities and cops must realise that violence can never stop any protester but understanding might.

November 14, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • gung hoe

That was very well put, wcnea567. I couldn't agree more. It's funny just how these so-called "elected officials" ignored all the unsanitary conditions plus the high crime rate in their cities until the OWS Movement came along!

November 14, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  8. bamasy

@gung hoe:
    That's because I wasn't talking to anyone specific, dear. I was just making a comment.

November 14, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. gung hoe

Dam trolls although I agree with the comment not me @ 7 15 pm

November 15, 2011 at 3:16 am | Report abuse |
  10. WOT

A Revolution does not need a Court Order or does it!
    THIS IS THE 2011'S