News that Occupy Wall Street protesters would be allowed to return to Zuccotti Park, located near New York's financial district, got readers fired up both about the ongoing demonstrations and about the intricacies of protesting and property.
iReporter Julio Ortiz-Teissonniere posted photos on CNN iReport showing Zuccotti Park emptied of protesters earlier in the day. Passionate back-and-forth conversations emerged throughout the morning on CNN.com, as readers discussed both whether the protests should occur, and where they should take place.
JustTruth1 said, "Would NY rather have these people all up and down Wall St. itself, sitting in public bank facilities, clogging up the subway system, the airport? They are going to protest. Give them a place to do it."
But not everyone was sure Zuccotti Park was the place to do it. guestguest2 said, "They need to prove to people that they aren't just there squatting. I think it's completely reasonable to ask them to not sleep there." gremlinus replied, "My husband suggested they find a camp elsewhere and occupy in shifts. I wonder if they will try that..."
sheepledog wrote, "Just like an old friend come to visit, their presence was nice ... at first. OWS has become the proverbial house 'GUEST' who is taking advantage of their host. Leave their garbage everywhere for someone else to clean up, expect their meals to be fixed for free, expect their host to put up with the noise, trash and unsanitary personal habits. Finally, they can't take the hint that it's time to leave. OWS had a point, it made it long ago, the people who actually had a point to make, went home to actually DO something about the situation. The ones who are left are ... well, who knows what they want."
Others had mixed feelings, but expressed support. Zombieh8 wrote, "Power to the people. While i don't agree with OWS it is fantastic to see citizens not being pawns of the govt and corporations anymore and speaking out against the injustices in this country. I'd join, but am disabled. Keep up the good work guys and gals. I am glad to see that our citizens have not forgotten their rights. The past generation was indifferent to political issues. Glad to see the next generation out there demanding change."
As has been in the case with other stories about the Occupy movement, readers heavily debated the demonstrations themselves. In one comment thread, jayman419 said, "It's a tantrum, not a protest. They're not sitting in diners that exclude them based on race. They're not staring down armed National Guardsmen trying to bring our soldiers home. They're whining, because some people have more money than they do. Some people have better jobs. That's life. It's a race. And to the winner goes the spoils. If you're not working on your ride, or out there on the track, then you're just idling on the grass consuming fuel."
JustTruth1 replied, "They aren't whining, jayman. There are systemic economic factors that have been implemented for a long time now that clearly favors 1 percent of our country to the deep detriment of the remaining 99 percent. THAT, my friend is an unfair imbalance. They have every right to make their voices heard in this great democracy of ours. Yes, OURS."
JAdams1776 wrote, "What I find disheartening is watching the Liberal vs Conservative partisan war here on the comments, with neither side even realizing that both parties are bought and paid for by the 1%. We won't have representative democracy until the money is out of politics. The intelligent, educated 1% will never allow that to happen."
He got a response from mslman71: "Money will never be out of politics, they are one in the same. They always have been and always will be. You'd do better to learn to manage it than waste energy trying to eliminate it."
What do you think? Join the conversation below and read the latest stories on CNN.com. If you would like to share your views on Occupy Wall Street protests in your area, visit CNN iReport and contribute to the Open Story.
Compiled by the CNN.com moderation staff. Some comments edited for length or clarity.