November 25th, 2011

Prosecutors can't hold man in missing-woman case, Aruban judge rules

A judge in Aruba has turned down prosecutors' request to hold American Gary Giordano for 30 more days while authorities continue to investigate the August disappearance of his traveling companion, Robyn Gardner, his attorney told CNN Friday.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Aruba • Crime
  1. VanDerSlooot

Looking to get rid of your broad? Daughter or significant other, send 'em to Aruba. They can't solve sh!t over there!

November 25, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. fishwrap

So, if you want to off someone, all you have to do is take them to Aruba?

November 25, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • LL72

Yep, or Florida. If you want to make millions in book and movie deals, I suggest Orlando...though you'll be in jail a little longer and get some wicked cool publicity before they'll let you go. Otherwise, no difference.

November 25, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • your mother

Yeah, since absolutely nobody gets killed in the United States, or wherever you're from...

November 25, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joran

Ah hah! The first one who tried my methods was a success! Buy my book.

November 25, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  4. KAJD

Aruban authorities are useless. The moral of the story is..if you want to get rid of someone...take them to Aruba.

November 25, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • KAJD

funny...looks like a bunch of us have the same reaction 🙂

November 25, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • cmc1966

The only sensible thing to do is NEVER let anyone take you Aruba.

November 25, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  5. jordan

Yes it does sound like a great place to have a Murder Vacation !!!

November 25, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  6. Taking the wife

Come on woman lets go to Aruba for vacation.
    But first lets take out a million dollar insurance policy on you.....
    I love ya baby...LoL

November 25, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. luvlar

Shark bait.

November 25, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Penny252

Last seen she was wearing a long dress. The question has never been answered if her dress,pocketbook,shoes etc. were ever found. I don't know anything about sharks but if she was killed and thrown in the sea would the sharks swallow her dress and her body or do they spit out something like clothing? It's an horrific thought but I thought I would ask it in case there are any people knowledgeable about sharks out there.

November 25, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  8. THE ONE AND ONLY DRAKOREX1

I WISH SOMEONE WOULD TAKE ME TO ARUBA

November 25, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. GwatS

Sure looks like the Sea tells no tales near Aruba! 🙂

November 25, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  10. Anna

I think it is time for American tourists to boycott going to Aruba and maybe in the future this will not happen.

November 25, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • your mother

@Anna

Useless comment. As if in America NOBODY gets killed, disappears, or cases don't get resolved. Go learn something..

November 25, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • LL72

Or maybe only have Romantic getaways in other countries with people you've actually cultivated a personal relationship with. That would probably be a good place to start. Call me crazy and old fashioned and all. 🙂

November 25, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  11. Dave

Wow, an island paradise for murder. Too bad I don't know any well heeled women I could off for the Insurance money. This could be a perfect place.

November 25, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. goodhubby

Damn! Now my wife canceled our Aruba vacation.

November 25, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  13. alice

What happens in Aruba, stays in Aruba! WOW

November 25, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. hippediva

Send him back here. I'm sure someone can arrange for him to be taken care of. Oh, and let's cut all diplomatic ties to Aruba and issue a general warning about traveling there. That should f up their tourism nicely.

November 25, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  15. Shecky

That woman's death is not ARUBA's fault.
    It's her OWN fault for going on a vacation with a COMPLETE stranger and an OBVIOUS psychopath. All you have to do is take ONE look at that guy to know he's a major CREEPOID.

November 25, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Kevininvancouver

I see now we are judging people based on their appearance.

November 25, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Robberta

Whatever works, kevininvancouver. Profiling works.

November 25, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Penny252

true....but the shame of it all is that this guy will walk away with a million dollars. I'd have more faith in Barney Fyfe than the Aruban police.

November 25, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |