November 25th, 2011

Violence mars Black Friday

Violence marred Black Friday shopping in at least four states, including California - where police say a woman doused fellow shoppers with pepper spray in a bid to cut to the head of the line.

The incident happened at a Walmart in the Porter Ranch area of Los Angeles, police spokesman Officer Robert Chavira said.
About 15 people were exposed to the spray. Los Angeles firefighters treated them at the scene and no one required hospitalization, Chavira said.

The woman was able to pay for her purchases and leave the store before police arrived, Chavira said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: U.S.
  1. chrissy

I havent ever called you a racist jj, you may be childish tho! And i really could give a s#it who you wake up next too! Are you feeling guilty?

November 25, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

Violence happens on Black Friday every single year. Way to go, CNN, for getting people all riled up for nothing!!

Jj, why are you equating Black Friday with OWS when you *know* they're completely unrelated?
    I assuming the reason why (although the article didn't say so) is because the people were not sprayed point blank in their eyes, unlike the protesters in Cali who were protesting higher tuition fees, btw.

Ah hell, I'm going to go have a turkey omelet.

November 25, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  3. Thomas Mc

GREED is the American religion.

November 25, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  4. bobcat ( in a hat )

I think they ought to change the name of this annual event to Black & Blue Friday. That's the color a lot of people are wearing the day after from all that bumping and pushing. You crazy people can have it.

November 25, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy©

@Jj: if you say something blatantly racist, chrissy *will* call you out on it...

November 25, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  6. banasy©

I was at my s-i-l's and my b-i-l were plotting their course...they make this a tradition...I say, thpppbbbbbbbt! to that!

November 25, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

Yep, Christmastime sure brings out the best in everybody...

November 25, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. banasy©

I don't go to Wal-Mart during the year; I sure as hell am not going around the holidays...

November 25, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  9. neptonomist sentry

If you are shopping at Walmart you deserve what ever happens to you.

November 25, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Gina65

This story isn't about Black Friday or even Walmart. This story is about a woman, and a mother at that, who behaved like a thug and got away with it. I can't believe that after she pepper sprayed a crowd of people she happily walked away, paid for her purchases, and left the store without anyone stopping her. Unbelievable. Who is this woman? Now that's the story...

November 25, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

And i thought carryin pepper spray was illegal just as a consealed weapon? You would think the police would be looking for her?

November 25, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Roadsniper

Oh the wonders of faces of walmart!!!!

November 25, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Roadsniper

I saw those pantys first!

November 25, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. banasy©

Don't they have video of this woman?

November 25, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

It's all right to make racist remarks as long as the target is white folks.
    In that case, many consider racism admirable.

November 25, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |