December 4th, 2011

Police order structure taken down at Occupy DC

U.S. Park Police surrounded a wooden structure erected Sunday by Occupy DC protesters, with a standoff ensuing and several arrests being made, according to witnesses.

The structure was built overnight in McPherson Square as a place where protesters could stay warm in the winter and hold their daily General Assembly meetings, according to Wade Simmons, one of the Occupy demonstrators.

Police ordered the structure taken down around noon Sunday, a post on the Occupy DC website reported, but about a dozen people remained perched on top of or inside the building, which was donated by a father-son architect team. As many as 200 people gathered at the park to watch the standoff.

Police put up barriers around the structure and cordoned off nearby streets with yellow tape as protesters chanted, "This is a nonviolent movement," and, "Put the pepper spray away."

FULL STORY
  1. RUFFNUTT ( Somalian pirate & fisherman & kcmo resident )

why not go give them jobs instead?

December 5, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  2. gung hoe

Morning jif hey I did apologize for that remark

December 5, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  3. ronvan

And where were the police as these people were building? But again just the same old BS! These people only care about themselves and do not even blink an eye as to how much extra money they are having these cities spend.

December 5, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ gung hoe:
    Good morning.
    I certainly didn't mean that I thought you should apologize for that remark. I joke that way with gay men all the time and they laugh IF I'm clever enough: it's a culture that has promoted quickness of banter, and I enjoy it.

December 5, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jazzhands

Anyone who talks about taking it up the ass as much as you do, gay suks, must take it up the ass.

December 5, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jazzhands

Everyone in the world knows that once poop and/or sticking things up the ass is just foreplay in troll land. It's ignored, just as the troll are every day of their miserable life.

December 5, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ gay suk:
    I don't know why you think that I have gay inclinations.
    Is it because I play the piano, like French food, know other languages, work out, vacation in Europe, drive nice cars, or don't affect bad English so nobody will think I'm gay?
    You described what you have to offer physically, and if I were gay you wouldn't be having any.

December 5, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  8. gung hoe

,@Gay suc leave banasy to heck alone and grow up and get a real name DIG

December 5, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  9. banasy©

Ah, good morning, JIF and gung hoe.

Little children like 'gay suk' are not worth the energy it takes to type out a response that they won't likely understand anyway.

@JIF: my response to BOMBO was in jest, anyway; I kind of dug how he said BRING IT ON! I loved it, actually.
    As for the building permit, I would like to have a lovely gazebo in my yard; I'll have to get the proper permit once the weather gets better...

@gung hoe:
    As usual, your posts are always colorful, and always paint a picture in my mind...this is one I'd rather forget, though! Lol.
    Thank you, though.

gay suk:
    Don't really care what your opinion of me or my husband is; your juvenile language says much about you, however.

December 5, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

@ gung hoe:
    Wow, that 9:33 AM post was colorful.
    I wrote more here, but I became ashamed and deleted it.
    You know that if JIF deleted something, it was terrible.

December 5, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

@JIF:
    I delete many things.
    There's enough hard fellings here at times; sometime, even though I am very irate, I erase them anyway...I don't wish to throw more fuel onto an already raging fire.
    If *you* did it, however. It must have been really, really...(ahem)...colorful indeed!

December 5, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. gung hoe

@ jif and banasy ya i wrote more also they wouldnt post it and it wasnt near as bad just tokd ya about a gay friend that my wife and I had well a couple but my friend passed away from cancer.Ya his funeral was my first one that Ive officiated

December 5, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  13. gung hoe

It looks like the right-wing thugs triumph again, this time in Washington D.C. I guess that things will stay pretty much as they are, sadly enough! We'll all continue to suffer as the right-wing politicians live in luxury!!!

December 5, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Very well put, gung hoe. I couldn't have said it any better!!!

December 5, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • George Patton

Quit stealing our names. You've been warned repeatedly.

December 5, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  14. gung hoe

@georgie tampon sucker you are so so right stop posting under other peoples names george.That dirty tampon you been useing for a puddin pop has got you deleerious.So grow up and use your own name ok notrub

December 5, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Here goes another dirty minded Tea Partier coming down on gung hoe this time. I suppose that I'll be next! By the way, I still fully support the OWS Movement as I share their frustrations with Washington D.C. Unfortunately, very little will change in the near future!!!

December 5, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. gung hoe

There is a whole lot of post under my s n that george posted!

December 5, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |