December 12th, 2011

Supreme Court to rule on Arizona immigration law

The Supreme Court has agreed to decide whether Arizona can enforce its controversial immigration reform law, over the objections of the Obama administration. The justices made the announcement in a brief order Monday.

Post by:
Filed under: U.S.
  1. DavidTalbot

To bostonPC: Just because Portland Tony disagrees with you, it does not mean he is "anti-American". It is more useful to challenge a person's ideas, rather than say bad things about his character

December 12, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • bostonBC

Sorry DT but I don't have a lot off wiggle room on this. If you don't respect the rule of law then you are anti-American in my book. if you don't like the laws – change them but don't selectively ignore them and call yourself an American.

December 12, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • bostonBC

And for the record Portland Tony ignored the factual evidence presented by others to support the lie that illegal aliens are good because American workers won't take those jobs. A real American doesn't resort to lies to try and make a point and influence people. I don't like liars and I will call them out wherever they are.

December 12, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joel Wischkaemper

Anti-americanism is a mind set. Yes.. by far.. better to challange ideas presented, but when they bend the truth, or insist the pot is a pan, 'tis better to attack the person hammaring for ideological reasons.

December 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  2. To all "real americans"

I assume you must be in or on your way to Alabama since they cannot find anyone to pick the crops or gut the fish there. They kicked out the illegals and the farms and businesses are going under. Owners say that "real americans" only show up to work for a day or two then disappear. The owners are scared the businesses will go under because they can't afford to add benefits or better wages in this economy. It has turned into a nightmare for farmers etc. Please do your research before making yourself sound foolish. Pick those tomatos in the hot sun for 25 CENTS a basket for twelve hours. Im sure the 15 dollars you make a day will go far in supporting your "real american" family.

December 12, 2011 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joel Wischkaemper

If anyone has a chance to watch the illegal aliens pick tomatores, they will discover they follow a tractor with a trailer and simply put the tomatoes they pick in a that trailor behind the tractor. There are other ways.. but they don't haul baskets out of the field.. one by one. I hope that tells you something about that idea.
      The illegal aliens in Georgia were telling us they made about $13 an hour.

December 12, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. HarshReality

Send 'em ALL back, and their little dog, too.

Remember: They Crossed The Border With Intent To Defraud. Eff 'em. There is no place in my heart for criminals.

December 13, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. F1

It is called initiative if the federal gov wont do there job than the state should be allowed to do it for them. Any more the word initiative is a dirty word!

December 13, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  5. mlopez

I am illegal and I love America. I speak english. I work hard. I am bringing all my family and eveyone I can to America. Its a great country.

December 13, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  6. John G.

Our rule of law must prevail or we will soon have anarchy.

If America needs foreign labor to pick our produce then let us have laws that support the legal residency of such labor.

In the 1940's, America had the Guest Worker Program that worked well to provide much needed cheap labor. America, Mexico, businesses and the laborer all benefited. Let's revive this program and if workers are in America illegally, then let our justice be swift and objective.

December 14, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |