December 13th, 2011

Postal Service to delay closure plan

The U.S. Postal Service has agreed to hold off on closing any more post offices or mail facilities until May 15, 2012, to allow Congress time to work on a plan to save the service.

The service agreed to voluntarily enact a moratorium on closures, after a series of talks with senators. Sen. Richard Durbin said the postal service agreed to the deal, and he called it a challenge to Congress to "put up or shut up."

The news of the moratorium comes just a week after the service announced a plan that would slow down first-class mail, as the agency closes some 250 mail processing plants nationwide, which would eliminate 28,000 jobs.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: U.S. Postal Service
  1. Scottish Mama

I hven't been in the mind to shop yet. We do not have a menards. I guess they may have a site?

December 14, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Scottish Mama

Do they have children items I have about 20 neices and nephews and growing?

December 14, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. banasy©

@Scottish Mama:
    They probably have a site, and they carry some kids items...but they are mostly a home improvement store.

December 14, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Scottish Mama

Dang that is good for me, man I love home improvement stores. I just plastered a wall yesterday, then got out my soap molds and made some molds for fun.lol I get distracted easily.lol

December 14, 2011 at 10:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Scottish Mama

Finding kids items are hard even books are printed somewhere else. Its a job just finding the stuff any ideas to find stores that sell only Made in America?

December 14, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Bennie Lacks

Postal Service at Norfolk, VA should be closing.....Many Mailhandlers come in for overtime while they sleeping at locker.
    Every Saturday or Sunday, we usually watch tv sports at several hours which with paid. It is not worth to keep this service in area so let Richmond have it.

December 28, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply