December 23rd, 2011

Pakistani official: 'We are rethinking of our relationship with the U.S.'

(CNN) - The fallout over a Pentagon investigation that found lack of trust between U.S. and Pakistan was a leading factor in a deadly airstrike mounted Friday with a senior Pakistani government official saying his government was rethinking its relationship with Washington.

Relations between the two countries - and their militaries - have severely eroded in recent months, beginning in May with a secret raid by American commandos that killed Osama bin Laden and culminating with a U.S. airstrike that killed 24 Pakistani soldiers in November.

Details of the Pentagon investigation announced a day earlier found that U.S. forces acted in self-defense after being fired upon in Afghanistan, near the Pakistani border, though it cited "inadequate coordination" in the incident. Pakistan has said that it was the other way around - that their forces were attacked first.

"Currently, we don't care much about these findings, and we will see if a proper reaction is necessary once the actual report comes out," said a senior Pakistani government official with knowledge of the workings of the relationship between Washington and Islamabad.

FULL STORY

Filed under: U.S. • World
  1. i'm wondering

What the hell is wrong with all of you!!! What is this, pedophiles anonymous?

December 24, 2011 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  2. sybil

?

December 24, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  3. Old Hag

Hey! What did I ever do to you?

December 24, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. Trinka

This has got to be the sickest comments section on a blog that I have ever seen. 6 degrees is right! It took 6 degrees to get from point A to pedophilia! What the hell is wrong with the mods? Doesn't anyone at CNN READ any of this? Is EVERYTHING related to pedophilia? BAH! HUMBUG!

December 24, 2011 at 2:32 am | Report abuse |
  5. I Wonder...

Ooops. I should have done the ..... so it wouldn't have confused anybody. My bad.

@CNN Moderator:
    I have a two year old BOY. It's hard as hell to teach him to stand at his little potty. When my husband tries to show him, he wants to put his hand in the stream. He's a riot! We're new at this. Well, two years new, at least. Don't be a hater.

@Information...
    Sorry I didn't put in the .... I'm not fake, I'm just tired. I have a two year old. I ramble sometimes. Okay?

December 24, 2011 at 2:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. Richard

Why don't the Afgan's and the USA pull back about twentyfive miles from the border w/Pakistan, Anyone in that zone would and could be considered hostil towards peace of both nations, hence no more drone over Pakistan or Pakistan claiming self defence for it soldiers. What do you think everyone? I thought these where smart people running things. We'll make sure its the Pakis checking cards on thy're side and Afgans doing thier part in thy're side. Problem solved!
    AlQueda can kiss my rear!

December 24, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dennis the menace

Please don't waste your time rethinking.....YOU ARE FIRED PAKISTAN .
    Now go back su ck yo mama ti tis for sum aid – peoples republic of golden wok.

December 25, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |