December 25th, 2011

Report: Marriage database raises privacy concerns among Chinese

China is launching a national online marriage database to fight bigamy, a move that has raised concerns among millions of Chinese about protection of privacy.

The Chinese government's announcement that it plans to make the database available next year comes amid reports last week that hackers gained access to the personal information of 6 million users of the China Software Developer Network, the state-run Xinhua news agency reported Saturday.

The hacking triggered widespread panic in China, and some Chinese citizens raised questions about the safety of the anticipated marriage database, Xinhua said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: China • World
  1. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I asked your denomination to get an idea of your theological influences. My question about your denomination was unrelated to the separation of church and state.

December 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mmmmm

stop twisting my words JIF

December 25, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

@JIF:
    I agree with your 7:25 statement.

@Mmmmm:
    1) You failed no mention that the sheriff made the prisoners wear pink women's panties, not just wear pink.

2) I have enough respect for God and the Trinity that I capitalize them.

3) Duct-taping a baby including her mouth not "creative corporal punishment", it is a form of child abuse.
    That someone who would so vehemently insist that babies be born just to advocate the torture of them is a tad bit disturbing.

December 25, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. banasy©

@JIF:
    I agree with your 7:25 statement.

@Mmmmm:
    1) You failed to mention that the sheriff made the prisoners wear pink women's panties, not just wear pink.

2) I have enough respect for God and the Trinity that I capitalize them.

December 25, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. banasy©

I'm sorry for the double post.

I also love ot when people refuse to answer a question.

December 25, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Did banasy withdraw?
    @ Mmmmm:
    Please define "truth" in the context of religious belief.
    Where did you acquire your definition of religious "truth?"
    What is your denomination?

December 25, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. banasy©

banasy© is right here, JIF, dearheart.

December 25, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Tabitha

@ mmmm sounds like someone stuck a cross up ur behind and forgot to pull it out, or maybe they left it on purpose!

December 25, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Joey Isotta Fraschini

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.You are about as interesting as a yeast infection. I will talk to myself because no one, wants to hear blah blah blah .Thats right I am as interesting as a yeast infection .You are Joey, you are interesting . Yes you are Joey.blah blah blah. Gee ,Im boring myself blah blah blah ..........

December 25, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Mmmmm

I clearly stated I am a strong believer in parental authority, to believe in corporal punishment as discipline, and it's the parents responsibility to educate their children. it is a tactic of communist and socialists to have disregard parental rights and undermine parental authority so as to indoctrinate innocence children into their state-sanctioned errors and atrocities.

December 25, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

I had not read banasy's post(s) when I asked whether she was still here.
    @ Mmmmm:
    Are you married?
    Do you have children?

December 25, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. banasy©

Yes they do, Mmmmm. What your statements indicate is that you have a general lack of knowledge on marriage and children.

The truth is, ss marriage has not bearing whatsoever on opposite s*e*x marriages, not do women making informed choices on their own bodies have any bearing on whether or not babies are born.

December 25, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mmmmm

you have an identiy crisis and full of contradiction. you embrace the virtues of womanhood for the sole purpose to advocate it's destruction.

December 25, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. banasy©

"The sins of society are directly related to the magnitude of scorn, rejection, and abuses directed at the sancity, reverence, and life of marriage. For marriage is the cornerstone of humanity"
    That's what you said in your first post.
    That's not what you just stated.

December 25, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mmmmm

oh, so you do have an understanding of truth?

December 25, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

My troll wants to interrupt me.

December 25, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. banasy©

Oh, goody, when one doesn't know what to say, they troll.
    Clearly not JIF@9:05.

December 25, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Mmmmm,
    You will not answer questions about yourself, but you want to tell us and society what "truth" is regarding belief and faith.

December 25, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply