Verizon says it's scrapping $2 payment fee
December 30th, 2011

Verizon says it's scrapping $2 payment fee

Verizon Wireless said it will scrap a proposed $2 fee for one-time online or telephone payments, citing "customer feedback."

The fee, which Verizon said would have been a "convenience charge" for customers who make one-time bill payments using a debit or credit card, either online or by telephone, was set to go into effect on January 15.

Verizon had said the fee was designed to "address costs incurred by us for only those customers who choose to make single bill payments."

The plan still would have allowed customers to enroll in a service that would debit their bank accounts or charge their credit cards on a recurring basis for free. Customers also could have avoided the fee by paying at a Verizon store or mailing checks to the company.

FULL STORY
Post by: ,
Filed under: Business
  1. bobcat (in a hat)

Well, I bet they can hear them now.

December 30, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cheryl Frazier

We've been paying $3 a month to pay online to Chugach Electric in Anchorage.

December 30, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mr. Ducky™

@Jeff Frank:

What a great post!
    Well done!
    I agree totally.
    Somebody is always looking to put their hand in our pockets.
    Everyone.

December 30, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "The Lunatic Fringe'"

Thanks. Mr. Ducky
      When I think of the frivolous, I use a simple formula...$.01 x 300,000,000 americans = $3 million windfall profit.
      It's a baseline, i.e. price of gas? 3.54 goes 3.59 + $.05/gal. x 600,000 customer debit purchases for the week? Somebody's Chrismas bonus $30,000 Get it?

December 30, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mmmmm

congress need to regulate...frivolous fees without a service to the customer or a cost to the vendor. It is just plain, old fashion stealing. whose responsible for policing and prosecuting the corporations who continue to fleece America. Verizon should give the every dime back!

December 30, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mr. Ducky tm

So? I'm staying with Sprint.

December 30, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  6. kyle788

All the big telecom companies are on the same ethical level; there is no good choice. I can say this as a former employee that worked at a store which sold all the top brands of wireless.

December 30, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini

Jurhen :)

December 30, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mmmmm

>rasberry gesture with a fart<

December 30, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bubba

If it looks like a fish and smells like a fish........ya know the answer... more corporate greed, screwing the little people who are just doin what they have to do.....

Well...ya can screw some of the people some of the time....but ya can't screw all of the people all the time....lol

December 30, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  10. MKULTRA BRAINCHIPIMPLANTSMAN

MILLIONS TO BE ASSASSINATED FOR THE SAKE OF $$$ LIABILITIES(mk-ultra, chip implants, electroshocks etc. performed on them) AND NEW WORLD ORDER(multiculturalism = terrorism) POLITICAL AGENDA KNOWN AS "YOU ARE NEXT"(financial liabilities are 2 expensive for the government and it is cheaper to get read of you instead) !!! IF YOU WERE TREATED WITH ELECTROSHOCKS OR DRUGS USED FOR WIPING OUT MEMORY(numerous Americans and Europeans were and are) AFTER ENDURING FORCED CHIP IMPLANTS(or to simply rethard individual), YOU ARE SCHEDULED AT 100% RATE AS GOOD TO GO NEXT !!!

LEARN TRUTH ABOUT UNITED NATIONS, AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL AS WELL AS NEW WORLD ORDER(MULTICULTURALISM = TERRORISM) GOVERNMENTS(Equal Employment Opportunity Commission) !!! NOT THERE TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS, BUT TO DENY YOUR RIGHT TO EXISTENCE !!!

ABDUCTIONS / BRAIN CHIP IMPLANTS / BLACKLISTING / FORCEFUL UNEMPLOYMENT / MK-ULTRA BRAINWASHING AGAINST WHITE(under "NAZI" lie) CIVILIAN POPULATION TODAY IN 2011/2012 ACROSS THE EUROPE AND NORTHERN AMERICA !!!

WHY TO ACCEPT LIABILITIES FOR CRIMES COMMITTED WHEN WE CAN SIMPLY ASSASSINATE OUR VICTIMS(YOU) THANKS TO HUMAN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS AND FREE PRESS/MEDIA(most severe censorship of genocide ever !!!)!!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xGfYOAydjw&w=640&h=390]
    OR
    http://www.youtube.com/user/BostjanAvsec <== OBAMA'S HEALTH CARE RECORDED LIVE IN 2009 !!! These are hard facts about lunatic Obama/Bush's twilight zone administrations(HORROR) or genocide against whites per ZIONIST Washington DC and in complete agreement with communist Moscow !!!

EXILING WHITES WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE AND IMPORTING NON WHITES IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS COMPLETELY FREE.

December 30, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • MobyTheMinnow

I'm assuming you a guy. I am guessing you are either from another planet or mildly psychotic. WELCOME TO EARTH HAVE WE MET? Either this is a joke or you have never went to school past 8th grade and played tackle football without a helmet besides the pink one they gave you on the short bus. You need help and a few more electric shocks to the scrotum would be called for to make sure you do not breed. Take care.

December 31, 2011 at 3:30 am | Report abuse |
  11. Mr. Ducky™

@Jeff Frank:

Yes, I do.
    How is your wife doing? Better, I hope?

December 30, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mr. Ducky™

No offense to Jeff Frank, but the "Lunatic Fringe" posted again...

December 30, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. MobyTheMinnow

We won, we have a voice. If we made such an uproar over the Republicans I bet they would pay their taxes. OH wait hahahaha no way because they are cheap sob's. TAX THEM. TAX CORPORATIONS. Use half of that to prop up Social Security. Tired of these corporations getting away with paying 1 dollar of taxes. Giant conglomerates paying nothing. Tax the HELL out of companies SELLING MEDICATION. I can name one MEDCO at an ADJUSTABLE TAX RATE based on how much they have screwed over the consumers in one year. Another thing to tax is the MEDICAL EQUIPMENT COMPANIES, they charge your insurance and they charge you. Both at 100 percent so how does one piece of MEDICAL GEAR = 200 PERCENT? Im not blind. Mob Racket to say the least. I quit buying my medical gear from a local store and bought it on the web that way I only have to pay 100 percent and I can get what I want vs what piece of junk the insurance will "pay for" while I pay for it too. I am not supporting 20 people working one day by buying a CPAP machine. No wonder the US is in the toilet. The healthcare industry needs price control from pills to PILLOWS and everything in between. The rest of us can no longer afford to pay some bunch of scam artists to roll us into the ditch and steal our wallet via doctors, hospital beds and medicines. When I went in the hospital it was 3000 dollars for a cpap to sit in my room a week. The nurse said do you really need it, I said YES I DO I STOP BREATHING IN MY SLEEP. No wonder she said that, 3000? I can BUY 6 CPAP's for 3000 dollars. Hospitals are not making any money? WHEN? And TAX THEM BASED ON FALSE AND INFLATED PRICES.

December 31, 2011 at 2:41 am | Report abuse |
  14. Memma

Any way to make a buck no matter who it hurt should be the motto instead of we appreciate our customers so we are here to help tell others what great things we do to help make it easier and convenient! Makes me want to change to some one else!CAN YOU HERE ME NOW??????

December 31, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  15. joann tutt

it is not $2.00 to make a payment. i live in tx and it is $8.00 and that is bull just to pay a bill..................!!!!!

January 19, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |