January 11th, 2012

Mexico: 13,000 killed in drug violence in first 9 months of 2011

Nearly 13,000 people were killed in Mexico by suspected drug violence in the first three quarters of 2011, the country's federal attorney general's office said Wednesday.

Post by:
Filed under: Crime • Mexico
  1. banasy©

I'm shocked and appalled.

Legalize pot, slap a tax on it, pay down our ND.
    Simple.

January 11, 2012 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. THE ONE AND ONLY DRAOKEX1

@BANASY .I AGREE,TOO MUCH DEATH AND VIOLENCE, AND THE PRISONS ARE FULL OF NONVIOLENT OFFENDERS.BTW IT WAS NOT ME YESTERDAY,I THINK YOU KNOW,IM STAYING OFF HERE TODAY BYEBYE;)

January 11, 2012 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

Drak, I know.
    I don't blame you for staying away.
    See ya around, kiddo.

January 11, 2012 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Toni

I LOVE iPAD 2!!!!!!! The uses would be endless for me! I am a eehcatr and am currently in graduate school trying to get my doctorate in school improvement. How amazing would it be if schools could see the usefulness of technology like this and invest in purchasing ipads for schools. After all, it would be a great way to improve schools. I would be able to show them first hand how an ipad could enhance learning in the classrooms. The problem is I need to win the ipad if any of this is a possibility!

March 14, 2012 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  4. THE ONE AND ONLY DRAOKEX1

©;

January 11, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Philip

CNN reports 13, 000 murdered in Mexico. I was just reviewing the FBI's crime stats. 13,000. That's how many murders occur in the US ea. yr. Wouldn't it be funny if foreign newspapers only reported what's going on in the USA? Hardly ever mentioning their own parralel?

January 11, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Philip

Hay! Look at this stat. About 80% of the guns used in Mexican murders have *made in the USA* stamped on them. Look! Most of the others are stamped *made in Israel*. Could it be that 1000s of guns from our thousands of law-loophole gunshows are finding their way to Mexico? Others smuggled out of Israel through dozens of tunnels bordering Egypt?

January 11, 2012 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. saywhat

@ banasy @ Philip

What both of you say does need to be pondered.

January 11, 2012 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

Hi saywhat. I don't think it boils down to legalizing pot vs doing something about illegal US and Israeli weapons making their way to Mexico. Busting the gun-runners is the only way to go. Nobody get's stoned, but at least Mexicans stop using guns from the two big "god fearing" nations..

January 11, 2012 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Philip

Drug violence is spawned within the demand for drugs. Legalizing drugs will not lessen the demand for drugs, and hence not lessen drug violence. Your homegrown kind bud is too expensive for the average pothead anyway.

January 11, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Philip

...and as if cheap marijuanna coming accross the border could satisfy your average street crackhead or corporate cocaine addict. It's people like these who rob US on the streets and on the stock market. The CIA could weed these guys out in a heartbeat if we would only give them the go-ahead. The FBI can't handle all of them nor can local law enforcement. (ditto fraudulent disabilty claims)

January 11, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Emperor Norton

Nearly a hundred years later, we prove yet again that we learned nothing from Prohibition.

January 11, 2012 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Philip

@imp Norton. Hogwash. We learned that a bottlegger could make enough money selling illegal booze to get his entire family involved in politics. (JFK) Just like we learned that doing business with nazis during WWII could earn you enough cash to get two of your sons elected as President of the USA. (Prescott Bush. The only american ever charged for trading with the enemy) Maybe you didn't learn these things. But I did. And making pot legal will not stop the demand for illegally imported drugs nor put a dent in drug violence here or abroad. go find another excuse to get stoned without going to jail over it already. Medicinal MJ my ass.

January 11, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  13. The philip fan club

I have an great news,Joey and I will be married.As some as I can get the ring out of my anus

January 11, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Philip

Look. After Iran and Venezuela go down, there won't be much for the CIA to do. What? Should we start laying off CIA agents that we have mmillions of dollars invested in or put all of that taxpayer funded training to work for US going after domestic frauds? I think the answer is obvious. And so does your government. The CIA moved to Denver for this very reason. Oh. CNN forgot to tell you?

January 11, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Philip

The CIA will be going after corporate cokeheads, Big-Pharma dope pushers, social security/military entytlement frauds including lawyers in on the scam. They might even have time to help put a small dent in the numbers of religious boy ra pes. Who knows until we try. We gotta try something different though. You have a better idea for a solution?

January 11, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

To part of the problem of violence in Mexico?
      Legalize pot, slap a tax on it, and pay down our ND.

January 11, 2012 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |