January 13th, 2012

White House: Obama seeks more power to shrink government

U.S. President Barack Obama plans to ask Congress for more power to shrink the federal government, a White House official said Friday.

Obama plans to speak at 11:20 a.m. about his plans to make the federal government "leaner, smarter and more consumer-friendly," the official said.

The president's proposal includes plans to combine several agencies that focus on commerce and trade.

Post by:
Filed under: Barack Obama • Politics
  1. bobcat (in a hat)©

I guess it's been forgotten which president it was who started these two unfunded wars at the cost of trillions of dollars. Plus the tax breaks and subsidies and on and on and on.

January 13, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  2. what a joke

Not running scared bobcat.Its just I realize that this is a liberal site and them two are as far left as you can get.

January 13, 2012 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

I am not far left.
      I am a centrist, Herman, as you well know.
      I find positives and negatives in both parties.
      Too cold for you to go on the roof?
      Just burn another bridge, Sparky?

January 13, 2012 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. what a joke

@bobcat not forgotten lets see if wild billy had done his job gw wouldnt have to start the war on terror.Just think 911 might never have happoned had clinton done his job he shouldve had al queda on the run before bush took office. And then there was katrina and rita both of them storms was bushs fault.Guess he shouldve huffed and puffed and blew them out to sea.But if he did that you find fault.

January 13, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Again, if you want people to agree with you all the time, Fox News is thataway------>

I'm really starting to think hamsta and gung hoe are the same person anymore....
    No matter.

January 13, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bobcat (in a hat)©

@ what a joke

Do you not know how ridiculous that even sounds, to blame a storm on a person ?
    It was the aftermath of the storm that he failed in.

January 13, 2012 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. bobcat (in a hat)©

@banasy©
    This has really gotten crazy. The way they talk, if you get any farther left, you'll be out the door.
    And I do agree. I too think they are one and the same.

January 13, 2012 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  7. gung hoe

@banasy that was not me.That what a joke character.Hell if anything Im all for the president shrinking the govenment.As I have told you several times that more then likely will be voting for him so why would i do that talking like that.Not only that Ive NEVER said a bad word about you I value our friendship to much

January 13, 2012 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  8. gung hoe

What a joke is not me banasy.I fell off the roof this afternoon and been at the hospital.There has been someone trolling me alot lately.Plus I value our friendship to much to ever say anything bad about you like that idiot

January 13, 2012 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. eddie

May the Taliban have yellow American raindrops fall on their heads.

January 13, 2012 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  10. eddie

Rain drops keep falling on their heads . . . .

January 13, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  11. hamsta

@bobcat ive answered ur question but i guess the moderators are to pc to post it.

January 13, 2012 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  12. hamsta

@gumghoe sorry to hear about ur unfortunate accident and i hope ur injuries are relatively minor.i know all to well what its like.

January 13, 2012 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  13. hamsta

@crissy sure pull the race card.got news for u-my boss is black-my landlord is black-my neighbor is black-my best friend is black-im white but we all agree obama is an embarassment.so i think its safe to say that in pulling the race card that u are suffering from a guilty conscience.

January 13, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. hamsta

crissy is a racist.i wonder what crissy would look like wearing a white sheet?

January 13, 2012 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy¬©

She is the least racist person ever.
      Ever.
      But you did show *your* true colors.

January 13, 2012 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  15. gung hoe

Thanks for asking hamsta.At least it was me instead of one of my men.Have a high ankle sprain. Its not my day!

January 13, 2012 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |