Gotta Watch: Betty White is still raunchy at 90
Comedian Betty White celebrates her 90th birthday.
January 17th, 2012

Gotta Watch: Betty White is still raunchy at 90

Actress Betty White turns 90 today, and she’s not slowing down any time soon. The former “Golden Girls” star returned to the public eye after a spot in a Snickers commercial that aired during the 2010 Super Bowl. She followed that up with book deals and a gig as the guest host of “Saturday Night Live.” Now we’re showcasing our favorite moments. You’ve Gotta Watch these bawdy Betty moments.

Sex symbol — Betty White answers viewer questions with Larry King in this clip. She takes on everything from Sarah Palin to “Dancing with the Stars.” Watch Larry King ask her if she was a “loose woman.”

'SNL' star — Betty’s turn as host of “Saturday Night Live” earned her an Emmy, and it’s not hard to see why. She agreed to appear on an episode after fans started a Facebook campaign calling for her to host. The ratings went through the roof that night. Watch some of the best parts.

White hot — Betty sits down with CNN to talk about her rise in popularity. She did the Snickers commercial because “Snickers and a bunch of guys on a football field” sounded fun. She also talks about “SNL” and “Golden Girls.” You can also hear from an ad exec about producing that famous commercial here.

In case that's not enough Betty White for you, check out this Funny or Die clip with Kristen Bell and Sigourney Weaver.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrity • Gotta Watch • Showbiz • TV
  1. BOMBO ©

I'm still raunchy at 48. Where's my story?

January 17, 2012 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • lroy

I'm the proverbial virgin at 49. And that's my story.

January 17, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Ah HA!
      Now I know how old you are!
      What shall I do with this knowledge, hmmmm? Bwa ha ha ha!
      ****************************************************************************************************
      Raunchy humor?
      You all do realize she didn't show of this raunchy side of herself until fairly recently...?
      And most of that is scripted...?

I've still got a raunchy side to me, too.
      Neither Betty White nor myself have ever claimed to be the Madonna.

(I'm not talking singer, either!)

Betty white is a cool lady.

January 17, 2012 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Love ya Betty

She is wonderful and gracious! Love her work with animals. Happy Birthday and many, many, more!

January 17, 2012 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. FranDrake

I think that describing Betty as raunchy is inappopriate and disrespectful. She is funny, and edgy, but most of her humor is enuendo....Lenny Bruce was raunchy.

January 17, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Thank you! Exactly!

January 17, 2012 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yeah

BETTY WHITE IS A GEM!! I LOVE HER!!!! She can pull of ANY kind of humor; she has what most comedic actors lack nowadays.....................TIMING R O C K O N B E T T Y

January 17, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bbstacker7072

What a legacy. I would surely hate to be 90 years old and inspire a headline like that. I'm disappointed in you, Betty. I still remember the nice, funny lady on "Password" when you were married to Allen Ludden. I bet he'd be a little disappointed in you, too.

January 17, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Badly-Bent

I bet you're popular at parties.

January 17, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boston Guy

I think she's great and I'm pretty sure her late husband would think so too. This isn't the 50's. Be dissappointed in yourself since you apparently do not know how to laugh.

January 17, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eli

You have some spirit-world connection with Allen Ludden and know what he'd think? Personally, I'm sure he'd adore her even more. Password was 50 years ago. People evolve. Her performances as Sue Ann Nivens on MTM and then Rose Nyland on Golden Girls show her great range as a comedienne. Don't be such a prude.

January 17, 2012 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • adri

stop being so uptight and take the stick out of your butt

January 17, 2012 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • mary

I was shocked at her myself in the early 60's..When on a talk show she got raunchy and told some things on herself..
      Then I realized she was not who "I" thought..
      But did she ever really say she was "snow" white?
      Nope..

January 17, 2012 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

That she has never remarried and never forgot the love of her life speaks volumns about the lady.
      I mentioned Allen Ludden in the first post, and they had a long, strong marriage....this woman has done absolutely nothing but be herself for all of these years, and she has done so scandal-free.
      She will be remembered and beloved long after we're gone.

What a legacy, indeed.

January 17, 2012 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

What talk show, and what did she say?
      Do you know what raunchy means?

January 17, 2012 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  6. JP0

When you're 90 you can say whatever you want.

January 17, 2012 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dan

Betty white is Awesome, 90 and still working in hollywood, and not one person seems to dislike her Thats quite an acheivement in Hollywood. Happy Birthday Betty White, Hope you are still working at 100+

January 17, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Gail young

Just stay as young and fresh as you are. you are really the golden girl. Happy Birthday.
    Ilove you Betty White

January 17, 2012 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  9. GeeEmCee

Ms. White is a lovely lady and I emphasize "lady". She is an excellent role model for today's young women to follow. Best to her in everything.

(CNN – change the headline)

January 17, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • adri

i agree!!

January 17, 2012 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. f

She looks like she's 70. Talks like she's 30 and acts better than most anyone of any age on TV these days. She should be real good. She's had 65 years practice !!! She is a riot. Love her. Happy Birthday Betty !

January 17, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  11. sam

Anyone that has anything bad to say about Betty White is a moron!

January 17, 2012 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

All right–I'll handle this.
    Betty White...there has never been, there is not now, and there will never be, any woman–any woman–so astoundingly funny, so chic, so intensely aware–and caring–and talented, and devastatingly attractive–and as great an actress–forgive me, actor–and dancer...oh, especially dancer...as you are, at this point in history.
    We have always loved you, Betty White.
    And I, especially I...love you.
    Don't let me cry.

January 17, 2012 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Whoa, JIF.

January 17, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mark

Happy birthday to Betty White she brings smiles too so many faces. Enjoy the day and thank you for the laughs

January 17, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. pooh2

Wow! Looking good. Happy birthday!

January 17, 2012 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jim in Georgia

No Body doesn't like Betty White.

January 17, 2012 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |