January 19th, 2012

Afghanistan investigates NATO bombing

The Afghan government will investigate reports of civilian casualties in a recent NATO bombing, the office of President Hamid Karzai said Thursday.

Karzai has appointed a delegation to investigate the bombing in Kunar province.

According to reports, four children, a woman and a man were killed in the incident, the president's office said.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Afghanistan • NATO • War
  1. OK. I get it.

Afghan citizens are doing the same things you or I would be doing if the USA were invaded and occupied. Millions of American citizens would form resistance groups and raise all kinds of heck for the invaders. We even saw a few thousand christians in Nazi Germany resisting. Sure. Most of the christians sided with Hitler. But that's beside the point.

January 19, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Warrior

Easy solution, have nato desolved and let these countries fight there own wars since they start there own battles! Its strange that nato always gets the call to bomb, but than they kill innocence. Its does not make since. Unless there operatives are miss imforming them. But then who knows! Its always a secret

January 19, 2012 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  3. OK. I get it.

Israel? Part of NATO? Lmao. That's like saying Newt Gingrich's colon is a part of salad. Like his head stands for Mr. Potato Ass.

January 19, 2012 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • MJK63

Funny you should say that. That's exactly what Gingrich's head stands for.

January 19, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. MJK63

Trouble in paradise? Say it isn't so! LMAO!

January 19, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. @Warrior

Afghanistan was minding it's own business when Russia invaded. Then the US armed the freedom fighters and sent them in to help the Taliban oust Russia. Then the freedom fighters moved to Pakistan where their former leader was assassinated, and the US took-over Afghanistan. Even going so far as to install a US citizen as Afghanistans new president. And you say "let them fight their own wars". Get a freaking clue already.

January 19, 2012 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jazzy

BANG! BANG BANG BANG

January 19, 2012 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. banasy©

I do not care what people say, the United States needs to bring out troops home.
    I am tired of our soldiers dying for the ME.
    I do not care for the reasons.
    I do not care if it's oil-related.

I am talking about this mission here, and not of any other.
    I am talking about the US in Afghansistan ONLY.
    The US toppled the Taliban regime. That is what they invaded Afghanistan for.

Time for us to get our troops home.

January 19, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Philip

No. They invaded Afghanistan to get the freedom fighters out, NOT to get the Taliban government who had allowed the US entry to retrieve Bin Laden and his thousands who were raping and pillaging after russia was ousted. After the freedom fighters escaped to Palistan, US troops turned on the Taliban and took them out. And now troops can't leave without being replaced or the locals will tear down the trans afghan pipelinfe infrastructure and rebel against their US citizen president. If the troops leave guard duty, the troop's bosses personal fortunes could be lost.

January 19, 2012 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  9. John 3:16

You people are fools, trying to drag God into a man's greedy war. Yes, it may play a role in His plan, but just because someone claims to be Christian, it doesn't mean that they walk with the Lord. The U.S. was founded on Christian fundamentals. Even Jesus said in the gospels, "I came not to bring peace, but a sword", meaning doing the right thing will tick a lot of people off, including invading and liberating a persecuted country.

January 19, 2012 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. banasy©

Bring our troops home.
    I no longer care about who's opinions are right or wrong, and what propaganda is read to support anyone and everyone's opinion out there...
    Bring Them Home.
    I stated before that I do not care WHY they are there any longer...all "reasons" pale in comparison to the fact that it is a useless and futile situation.
    Bring them home NOW!

January 19, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. banasy©

And so I will reiterate my opinion, which is this:

I am tired of our soldiers dying for the ME.
    I do not care for the reasons.
    I DO NOT CARE IF IT'S OIL-RELATED.
    >>>>>>I care for the massive amounts of time, money, and loss of life that comes with "helping" these countries or invading them.<<<<<<<<

I am talking about this mission here, and not of any other.
    I am talking about the US in Afghansistan ONLY.
    The US toppled the Taliban regime. That is what they invaded Afghanistan for.
    This is my opinion, as are all of the blog entries...

Time for us to get our troops home.

January 19, 2012 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  12. daniel 2:44

@ John 3:16, you would do well to read all of your bible young man!

January 19, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jazzy

to counter the USSR's military power, Europe asked the US to sign too; which they did in 1949.
    The Europein Part of NATO is
    Finland at the top
    Italy at the bottom
    United Kingdom to the west
    and
    Ukraine is the most eastern part of NATO

OMG, reviewing NATO's history is leading to so many questions that I have to stop now! Gotta another 15 hr day tomorrow.

the USSR controling Germany
    The USSR and Germany taking over Poland
    AWWWWW help me!!!! I'm going all over the place with history. LOL but it's fun nite all

January 19, 2012 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Rita

oh philip it just turns me on so much when you talk bullsh!t, tell me more oh oh uuumm oh ahhh.

January 20, 2012 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jazzy

@ Rita, You are a very sad person. SEEK help !

January 20, 2012 at 5:51 am | Report abuse |