January 20th, 2012

Critics to attend Penn State board meeting

Members of a Penn State alumni group who opposed how longtime football coach Joe Paterno was fired will question the university's Board of Trustees when it meets Friday.

The meeting is the first by the board since Paterno's controversial firing in November.

The all-time winningest football coach in NCAA Division I history was fired amid the outcry over the handling of accusations against former defensive coordinator Jerry Sandusky, who faces more than 50 counts involving sexual acts with 10 boys since 1994. He has pleaded not guilty.

Paterno was alerted of his being fired during a phone call from Steve Garban, chairman of the Board of Trustees.

FULL STORY

Filed under: College football • Football • Jerry Sandusky • Joe Paterno • Penn State • Sports • U.S.
  1. Ned Beatty's anus

I say throw caution to the wind and go-on the most rabid "witch hunt" of all time. Waterboard Mrs. Sandusky. She'll tell all about it. If it's good enough to protect US from foreign "terrorists" it's good enough to protect us from domestics who terrorize our boys.

January 20, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Earl

.I am really glad that I never liked sports.

January 20, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  3. banasy©

And I say go after Sandusky's wife, but do not demonize a university filled with students that had nothing to do with iy, dedicated educators that had nothing to do with it, nor a state that had nothing to do with it.

January 20, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

"Waterboard Mrs. Sandusky" ? How about just getting th cattle-prod out?
    If it"s good enough for cattle, it'll be good enough for Mrs. Sandusky.
    I have never said anything inher defense, I think she has direct knowledge of it.
    "Witch hunt" refers to a stupid villager mentality which I fear some people here would gladly participate in.
    Where's the Frankenstein Monster? Kill him!
    No...wait...the witch hunt would have to include the villagers themselves, merely because they lived (or attended school) there. They must be witches too!

Stop mocking my posts.
    Keep your word, for once!

January 20, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Fumanchu

How young are college kids thesa days anyways? You all are carryin on like it was kids but they aint! 18 and older is legal.

January 21, 2012 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

Fumanchu:
    Nobody is that unaware.
    Find something better.

January 21, 2012 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  7. WE THE PEOPLE

I PLEDGE ALIGENCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FOR WHICH IT STANDS ONE NATION UNDER GOD INDIVISABLE WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

January 21, 2012 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. RUFFNUTT

a skate board meeting would be better..
    @fumanchu.. let the moongoose fly..

January 21, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |