Supreme Court rejects court-drawn Texas redistricting map
January 20th, 2012

Supreme Court rejects court-drawn Texas redistricting map

The Supreme Court has tossed out the Texas redistricting map for congressional and legislative seats drawn up a federal court, giving a partial victory to GOP lawmakers.

At issue were competing maps for the Texas state legislature and Congress – created first by Republican lawmakers that favored their political base and later by a federal judicial panel to give minorities greater voting power.

The map drawn by the federal judicial panel had been imposed after Democrats and minority groups in Texas challenged the Republican lawmakers' plan, which Texas' GOP-led state legislature approved.

1. chrissy

And of course when hes the only one right and the whole rest of the world is wrong wth does it even matter right? You dont need that in your life anyway do ya? FT lmao!

January 20, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

@chrissy:
    Word x 2.
    Fortunately, most intelligent people see it for what it is.

January 20, 2012 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ chrissy:
    Hello. I think I read that you were attending funerals.
    I'm sorry for your losses.

January 21, 2012 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

The first and second comments above represent two positions with which I identify, making a dilemma for me.
    At heart, I would like to see America in an Ayn Rand, capitalist mode.
    On the other hand, if we do not reelect Obama, any Republican now running will drastically change programs that human beings need, and I am too humanitarian to want to see that.
    Therefore I support Obama, and I also know that he has accomplished many good things and a few wonderful things.
    If I, as a fiscally conservative, socially liberal Republican, support a Democratic president, I wish that my friends would not pull away when I criticize some things that president has done.
    I have close friends who are fiercely liberal about everything. We love each other and help each other in different ways.
    I see myself accused of "hate" on this board frequently, and writers who don't know me at all tell me what "my problem" is.
    Please don't expect me to blindly worship a terrific politician who is an effective POTUS during a bad time.

January 21, 2012 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  5. hawkeye

@joey isotta Maybe Iam blind but what has the current president done that is good,as I am unable to recall any of them.Would greatly apprdciate it if you could get back with me on that.Wait I forgot about bin laden,but any president would have done that with the information he had

January 21, 2012 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Scottish Mama

If you go to google and type 100 President Obama, it will give you things he did in his first 100 and it will give you 100 things he has done. Then you will be able to see for yourself and not have everyone do the research for you.

January 21, 2012 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ hawkeye:
    Obama has done many things. If you see only one of them as good, then some of his actions were good for some people while being bad for you.
    You don't have to vote for him.
    I shall vote for him.

January 21, 2012 at 4:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joey Isotta-Fraschini©™

@ hawkeye:
    After contemplating Gingrich's splendid handling of the King question, which I thought was inappropriate for King to ask, I have revisited the 1994 CONTRACT WITH AMERICA and Gingrich's present positions.
    I'd like to keep the modest but dignified lifestyle I've worked seventy years to achieve, starting at the age of three.
    This morning, I remembered being a guest, fifty years ago, at some of the great estates on the upper Hudson River before they were lost to absurd taxation. A charming old lady told me in 1962 that she could live in her house on the river until she died, but then it would go to the government.
    I'm thinking about what will happen after I die.

January 21, 2012 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  8. WE THE PEOPLE

I PLEDGE ALIGENCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA FOR WHICH IT STANDS ONE NATION UNDER GOD INDIVISABLE WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL!

January 21, 2012 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  9. hawkeye

@joey isotta. You sir sound to be a very dignified man,I certainly do hope that you are able to live out your years in a dignified mannor.I trust what you have you have worked for.As far as you voteing for obama,you are aware that he wants to be robin hood.Take from those that have you and me and give to those that refuse to work.

January 21, 2012 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |