January 20th, 2012

Syria seethes as protests persist

Syria smoldered Friday as anti-government demonstrators poured into the streets and the Arab League mulled an extension of its monitoring mission.

Protesters focused their attention on political prisoners and demanded the release of detainees. At least 10 people were slain in clashes Friday, according to the Local Coordination Committees of Syria, an opposition activist group.

For more than 10 months, Syria has been in the throes of an anti-government public uprising and a brutal security crackdown against protesters. The United Nations last month estimated well over 5,000 deaths since mid-March. Opposition groups estimate more than 6,000 people have died.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Syria
  1. TORI©

Hope all is well @bobcat's world. One of my blogs posted and the censored one had the word ti tle in it. You were right! No it is not cruel to laugh you butt off at stupidity. I will always have your back. There in one individual on here who is going to get mine since he always rants about pedophilia regardless of topic.Now he has issues.

January 21, 2012 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. TORI©

@jazzy, as I have indicated I am new at this but this person is using these blogs for whatever his issue instead and we are not a self help group.

January 21, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. TORI©

How is it that you surmise that I am talking about a Philip unless of course that is another name of yours.

January 21, 2012 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jazzy

It is Philip that you are speaking of TORI©, and this is my only day off so I am not in the mood to get into it with anyone. Have a great weekend. 🙂

January 21, 2012 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  5. TORI©

So don't get into it. I was adressing someone else whe you chose to respond. Hmm..

January 21, 2012 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Grandpapster

This is ridiculous, posting this kind of nonsense in a serious blog. Someone must be playing in another's sandbox. I am officially giving you a directive to cease and desist.

January 21, 2012 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  7. TORI©

So go to another blog papster,another troll!

January 21, 2012 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ma & pa

Wishful thinking here. Wouldn't it be helpful if all the reasonable and peaceloving people could step into a slaughter-proof place in that entire region while the instigators destroyed each other completely. After the vermin cleaned up the resulting mess the good genle-folk could return and live happily ever after. Any cynics could say "Get real", but what nastyness that goes around has a way of comming right back at you.

January 22, 2012 at 4:14 am | Report abuse |