January 30th, 2012

Official: Pakistan yet to decide on charges against doctor in bin Laden raid

Pakistan has not yet decided whether to try a Pakistani doctor for high treason for assisting the United States in gathering intelligence ahead of the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound, a senior Pakistani government official said Monday.

"It's the federal government who will decide whether to try the doctor for high treason or not," the official said. "At this stage, the decision hasn't been taken to try the doctor."

The official did not want to be named because of the matter's sensitivity.

Dr. Shakeel Afridi helped the CIA use a vaccination campaign to collect DNA samples from residents of the compound in the city of Abbottabad to verify the terror leader's presence there ahead of the May raid.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Pakistan • U.S. • World
  1. butt jee

Dr. Afridi Should be tried for treason and should be awarded exemplary punishment. If he had some knowledge about OBL's presence in that compound, he should have shared with Pakistan's intelligence Agencies than to work like a spy and a hired agent for a foreign intelligence agency.

January 30, 2012 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. Ghuman

I think he will be offered Ministry in Zardari regim.

January 30, 2012 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jazzy

Doctors Doctors and more Doctors EVERYWHERE; Hence, the drugging of world leaders such as: Hitler, Robert Kennedy, Betty Ford... and the list goes on!
    Poor bin Laden, remember that eerie video of him watching his own videos (rocking back and forth playing with his beard, mesmerized !) Hmmm, Makes you think now! Doesn't it?

January 30, 2012 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. Iftekhar Khan

Zardari-Haqqani-Afridi. They deserve to be decorated by the US government. The Army which can bomb a house on mere suspicion of harbouring militants, will be content with look the other way when the three will strut aound the world with their millions of dollars.

January 30, 2012 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  5. chrissy

Makes me think what a nutjob he really was! Cant feel sorry for someone who killed l000s of people. And the US shouldve given aid to that dr and gotten him the hell outta there after he assisted them!

January 30, 2012 at 5:14 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jazzy

Gotta ask, Why are you talking to me? Thought I was the EVIL one. Everyone I know seems to think so.

January 30, 2012 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
  7. chrissy

Evil one? I thought you were the spiritual one. Where did you get the evil thing from?

January 30, 2012 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
  8. chrissy

Plus i can think for myself i pretty much dont give a damn what everyone else thinks. Thats why god gave us seperate brains.

January 30, 2012 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jazzy

Never mind. You don't sound like chrissy tho. where have you been?

January 30, 2012 at 5:27 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jazzy

LMAO , agreed! :)

January 30, 2012 at 5:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. chrissy

Been takin a break from life. Had an accidental death and then a succide in my family. Just dealing with all that. Then bloggin has been gettin kinda ugly so i took a break from that too.

January 30, 2012 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jazzy

Chrissy, (((HUG))) I am so very sorry and hope you have what you need to get through this difficult time. I will find some Bible verses for you tonight from me, ok? I gotta go to work in a hour. So sorry hon.

January 30, 2012 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
  13. chrissy

That would be appreciated jazzy thank you. Dont work to hard. And are you the internet comic? She makes me laugh, gotta love that. :)

January 30, 2012 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jazzy

I knew something sounded different about you. Please take your time in getting thru this, don't rush yourself. ok?

January 30, 2012 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  15. Jazzy

No that wasn't me, but I can come up with some jokes for ya too. ;) lol (HUG)

January 30, 2012 at 5:40 am | Report abuse |