February 13th, 2012

5.5 quake hits Northern California

A 5.5-magnitude earthquake struck northern California on Monday, the U.S. Geological Survey reported.

The quake was centered between Crescent City and Eureka and near the coast, according to the USGS.

The quake was at a depth of about 20 miles, according to the USGS.

Post by:
Filed under: Earthquake • Natural Disasters
  1. banasy©

Let the Zombie Apocalypse begin.

February 13, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • pmk1953

I'm okfine. I forget the comedian who used to say that. Just got back from grocery shopping. I was outta.bread and the purrball needed food and litter. Damned shame about Whitney, beautiful woman with a beautiful voice with some ugly things in her life. There but for the grace of God, go I. I made it through the late 70's and early 80's alive. I had some fun but I wouln't do it again. Like Robin Williams said in one of his specials, "Too much, too soon, too quick, I fear."

February 13, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cesar The Chorizo Champ Of Chihuahua

5.5 is pretty average.

February 13, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. .

Let the public sector union pension apocalypse begin.

February 13, 2012 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • ..

Let the "This statement makes no sense on this thread" Apocalypse begin.

February 13, 2012 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ana

^like

February 13, 2012 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  5. joecoolman24

That was Billy Beane jumping for joy about signing Cespedes.

February 13, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. gung hoe

Hope yall on the left coast are ready to go surfing on yalls east coast,that is if yall dont sink from all the dung thats there

February 13, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  7. hamsta

Maybe california will break away from the united states.then we can send all the gays pedophiles morphodites occupy protestors and other freaks there so we normal people can have america back.

February 13, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • BOMBO ©

But how bored we would be, with no one to laugh at.

February 13, 2012 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@hamsta, why gays?

February 13, 2012 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Define "normal".

February 14, 2012 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  8. hamsta

@dazzle because they want to force a lifestyle i find ungodly unnatural immoral and repulsive on the kids in school.california is forcing schools to teach gay history.i have some gay history to teach them.GOD DESTROYED THE CITIES OF SODOM AND GOMMHARA BECAUSE OF THE GAY LIFESTYLE.THE WORD SODOMY CAME FROM THE WORD SODOMITE.THE WORD SODOMITE MEANS A CITIZEN OF SODOM.THEY CALL IT SODOMY FOR A REASON.you can use that magic eraser on the bible and the law books all you want but it doesnt change the fact that the gay lifestyle is immoral and unnatural and children should not be exposed to that.

February 13, 2012 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@hamsta, is this curriculum being taught in all California skills and what grade levels? I'm quite shocked at that. Do you surmise that a person chooses to be gay? Many genetic studies are indicating that a person is born that way. Thanks for responding to me.

February 14, 2012 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

@dazzle©:
      Any gourmand of Monty Python has my respect.
      I fear, however, that it will be lost on it, because it has the sense of humor of a kumquat.

February 14, 2012 at 7:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. Slipknott

Why hello hammy, how are you sweetheart so whats wrong with gays? You making a big turn around on me now! This is not fair so you are actually not gay ? Thats to bad ill miss you breeder

February 13, 2012 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Slipknott

You dont live in california do you? So what are you worried about sweetness its just the way it is . So now you are triping on something that you have no control over the issue that you have ! Come back hunky

February 13, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Superman

Why is this blog going religious? Its ABOUT A 5.5 EARTHQUAKE in N.california does that make sense? Geeesh. Some people have to take it 10 MILES if given not an inch! Can you hear me now good. Now you religious buffs can hide behind those teachings for the right reasons ,but to use them for the wrong ones such as JUDGING OTHERS , but using the scriptures for judging others? That is abusing the bible is it not?

February 14, 2012 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
    • memberoflife

Thank you for that reminder! I was beginning to think I some how went to a different post!!

February 14, 2012 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  12. Slipknot

@dazzle thank you that was good i should of thought of that, but did not im gay myself and it was not a choice ive been this way since day one.never been accosted or ever been touched by anyone illegally so its not likely that hes right . Once again thank you!! Come back

February 14, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@slipknot, thank you, you come back too. My line of work deals with brain chemistry studies and it is starting to be proven that gender preference is not learned. @superman, these blogs tend to get off topic when a fellow blogger makes a statement and a follow up question needs to be asked. I have a seriously inquisitive mind and love learning how others think.

February 14, 2012 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  13. hamsta

@ dazzle and yall thought you had the columbine kids brain chemistry right.zoloft caused columbine.you brain chemistry quacks all need to be locked up.

February 14, 2012 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@hamsta, you could probably use a good solid dose of Zoloft or another SSRI along with a treasure trove of psychotropic drugs You are an angry corpulent twit and better get yourself some help immediately. Stop stuffing your face with junk food and cease putting out the garbage that spews out of your toothless head.

February 14, 2012 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

Hey @hamsta, one more suggestion for you. Speaking of earthquakes- I'm sure humor isn't your thing but you tube,Monty Python, Mr. Creosote. Look familiar, it's you.

February 14, 2012 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Please write a coherent sentence.

February 14, 2012 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. audrey imperial valley

OMG!.. I live where we had the 7.2 some time ago.. And we just had a 5.1 a couple of hours ago as well and since then we also had som 3.0 and 2.5 so who knows... hope we don't get another big one.. but it's bizarre that california had two 5.0 plus quakes the same day.. call me crazy but I hope this doesn't turn into a bloody valentine =O(

February 14, 2012 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
    • memberoflife

I hope you will not get anymore! Please stay safe I will say a prayer for you and all my love ones that live out there! PAX

February 14, 2012 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  15. sue orchid

WE never get any press for our earthquakes 5.5 is huge in most of the world but not in humboldt co.

February 14, 2012 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |