Whitney Houston remembered
Fans lay flowers and personal messages to singer Whitney Houston around Harlem's Apollo Theatre.
February 13th, 2012

Whitney Houston remembered

The death of singer Whitney Houston shocked many, and the outpouring of love for her has been memorable. Her fame as an artist, actress and model are well documented, but perhaps it is the touching stories by those closest to her that remind us of who she was as a person. The following clips move beyond the star, reminding us that underneath the glitz was a mother, daughter and friend.

Whitney Houston's death 'surreal'

Gospel singer Kim Burrell held a close relationship with Whitney over the years. She spoke to CNN about losing a good friend and “wonderful spirit.” Through her tears, Kim provides a touching tribute to the late singer.

Davis: I'm devastated by loss of Whitney

Music Executive Clive Davis may have discovered Whitney Houston but their relationship ran much deeper than mere business. Hosting his annual pre-Grammies party the day she died, Mr. Davis admits to the tragedy of her death and asks Sean Combs, Alicia Keyes and Tony Bennett to speak to how Houston personally touched their lives.

Bobby Brown: Pray for me

Whitney Houston had a tumultuous relationship with her ex-husband Bobby Brown, but perhaps his performance the night she died captures some of emotion once held between the two. IReporter Moshiu Knox captures one of the heartfelt moment on stage.

For more reaction to Whitney Houston’s death, head to CNN’s collection featuring reaction from fans, artists and critics around the globe.

Post by:
Filed under: Music • Showbiz • Uncategorized • Whitney Houston
  1. whitney marchelle

WHitney Houston was incrediable outstanding chops I mean brilliant!! NOBODY not even jennifer hudson can blow Like her and jennifer can blow. But whitney Houston had the knowledge of a background singer, knowing space , the passion of deleivery and tenderness in her voice. using crecedos and little licks which she is familiar with. Whn they try to copy her they always forget about her little licks.and harmony. She had Gospel roots. and even listened to jazz. Then when she toppd the pop charts she became the Queen of pop! I even changed my performance name to Whitney Marchelle because of her influence and I'm a jazz singer. But I grew up listening to her and always will....So stop hatin' we don't know how she died, who was there, if she was pregant, or if she was doing durgs or not, or if she had a heartack...WE DO NOT KNOW...so chill on speculations and let your self make good.

February 15, 2012 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  2. christine

Thats true kim r.I.p. whitney we love you:)

February 15, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. whitney marchelle

By the way I changed my name 15 years ago to Whitney Marchelle. May she rest in peace...lets make her journey and positive as possible while she sings with the Angels.

February 15, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. A.C.H.

Bobby Brown sounds like a narcissist. Whitney defended him to the end. She didn't get started on drugs at all untill she was introduced to them by BB. Controlled , minipulated and abused her to the very end. You knew how to hurt this woman. This is why you cheated on her and had baby's by others. This is why she took prescription pills. To deal with the pain you have caused her. You, Yes you, caused the star to fall out of the sky. May God have mercy on your soul. I hope you don't try and minipulate your daughter to get a hold of her money. .

February 16, 2012 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  5. Hazel Winters

I know we are not to judge and point fingers, but Whitney was doing just fine until Bobby Brown entered into her world. Rest in Peace Whitney. I know you're singing in that heavenly choir. You will be missed but never forgotten. I will always love you.

February 16, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Trevor Taylor

RIP Whitney from all of your FAN,s in Australia you will be so/so missed and we all "WILL ALWAYS LOVE YOU" for what you have given

February 16, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  7. christine

I don't believe they treated bobby brown like that at whitneys funeral.did they treat her with disrespect at his mother funeral. The family should have put their difference aside,and I know their not blaming him for her death,that's ridiculous. She was a grown woman and they have been divorced for 5 years.also bobbi kris is old enough to make her own choices,but I would have left to if I was bobby.

February 18, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • LiLiDaGr8

Thank you for the comment about Whitney and Bobby Brown. I agree with you 100%! People ought to not blame Bobby Brown for Whitney's mistakes as she was a grown woman. But people just don't seem to remember this fact.

February 23, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. more

Terrific paintings! This is the type of info that are supposed to be shared around the net. Disgrace on the seek engines for not positioning this publish upper! Come on over and seek advice from my site . Thanks =)

April 2, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |