February 17th, 2012

Collision spills oil into Mississippi

A barge collision near New Orleans spilled oil into the Mississippi River Friday prompting authorities to close a five-mile stretch of the waterway.

The St. Charles Parish Department of Waterworks shut down both of its water intakes located in New Sarpy and Luling due to the spill but said the incident did not pose a public threat.

No one has been reported injured. Officials have not yet said how much oil was spilled. Response agencies were on the scene.

FULL STORY
Post by:
Filed under: Environment • U.S.
  1. hamsta

@banasy again is it amnesia or schizophrenia?my friend got mixed up in a four way murder.he is innocent but got 4 counts of life because of a cheewee haircut and a lieing crackhead.retallitory actions from all sides including crooked cops forced me to leave town.im a street hustler and dont deal drugs.i make my money the old fashioned way,i work for it.but i have dealt with shady double crossing people.to answer patrick i am white.

February 17, 2012 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

Again with the insults for no bloody reson.
      I feel bad about your friend, and I'm sure that you are doing everything you can to exonerate him.
      My question remains, what does that have to do with you being so downright nasty to people you don't know?
      So insulting?
      What has anyone done to you, HERE ON THE BOARDS< that you saw fit to be a total jerk to people from DAY 1?
      So when someone gives YOU what you gave out from day 1, why do you think nobody will give you the benefit of the doubt anymore?
      You're mean.
      Period.

February 17, 2012 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

And since you seen fit to diagnose what you think is wrong with me, would you like me to diagnose what is wrong with YOU?
      I guarantee, I have more credentials than you do on that score.
      You will garner no sympathy for your friend's plight by being so confrontational for no reason.

February 17, 2012 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. hamsta

is it just me or do these women like to stir the pot?im a peaceful person but they are always stirring drama.

February 17, 2012 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

When one person doesn't get along with many people, you truly believe it is the many people who are fault?

February 18, 2012 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. hamsta

@banasy im not a mean person.i find it mean that your friends were badmouthing the people they live with on valentines day whether that was just a roommate or not doesnt matter.if someone where to treat me that way in my house i would throw them out.in dazzles case she started talking all this psychobabble brain chemistry crap.maybe shes some kind of headshrink or something but out here in the real world it was the head shrink that caused columbine.out here in the real world the doctors are the real drug dealers.they sure did a good job of killing michael jackson whitney houston and countless others famous and non famous.these drugs these doctors are dealing are more dangerous than the absolute worst of the street drugs.if you find that mean all i can say is that is the truth and the truth cares not about your feelings.

February 18, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

Dud, you complain about everyone, and yet find it offensive when *they* complain?
      Isn't that just a bit hypocritical?
      And what does everything you have said above have to do with the way you treat people?
      Columbine has nothing to do with the way you treat people.
      Michael Jackason and drug dealers have nothing to do with the way you treat people here.
      The truth of what goes on in the world has nothing to do with the way you treat people here.

Someone disagrees with you, you call them names.
      Is it any wonder that you will get insulted in return?
      If someone questions something you say, you turn mean.
      And it's not what you write, it how you write it...the truthh is there is validity in evsome of the things you write, but the insults in between are unecessary, and if you don't see the difference between writing a post and writing a mean-spirited post, then no one, and I mean NO ONE here will take what you say seriously, much less take it as being truthful.

February 18, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
    • banasy ©

And apparently you didn't read the part where it is HER house.
      Not his.
      Hers.
      He doesn't have a place to stay, but you glossed over all that, didn't you?

February 18, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@hamsta, kindly address me when you make accusations or assumptions. I do not talk "psychobabble nor am I "a head shrink." I won't waste time trying to explain to you my line of work. Look up Dopamine, Serotonin and draw a rational conclusion. I help people that have problems, mostly adult females and war veterans.@banasy has tried to engage you in a dialogue. Good Night @hamsta.

February 18, 2012 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  4. banasy ©

Oops, meant DUDE, not dud.
    Sorry.

February 18, 2012 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  5. banasy ©

Good night, hamsta.
    banasy© out.

February 18, 2012 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  6. hamsta

oh i see im supposed to sugarcoat everything so i dont offend all the hateful people.its ok for everyone but me to do all this name calling but if i do the same banasy gets her moderator friend to censor me.where i come from we call those kind of people hypocrites.

February 18, 2012 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@No hamsta,if you've been censored that is not @banasy.If you are looking to blog and meet interesting people, you have to change your approach.

February 18, 2012 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
    • BSH

You show nothing BUT hate and always have. Been looking at your posts from day one. One of your first posts was about haing all muslims and wishing them dead. When someone pointed out that Islam is a religion, not a nationality, you went off on them...and so you have ever since. The problem isnKt the other people here. You are a hater. Just admit it and move on. Meh!

February 18, 2012 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. hamsta

@dazzle im familiar with dopamine and seratonane.i know a lot of drug addicts and thats the area of the brain that crack and even some non drug addictions such as gambling effects.im truly sorry if i hurt chrissys feelings but its just not right to dis on someone you live with behind their backs.im not as mean as they make me out to be some of these people have been mean towards me for quite a while.i usually ignore it.

February 18, 2012 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

@hamsta, those are called neurotransmitters. I am unaware of what happened with @chrissy but as a way of mending fences, extend your apology.

February 18, 2012 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  8. hamsta

And just to let everyone know i dont hate women.

February 18, 2012 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |