The Monkees' Davy Jones dead at 66
The Monkees' Davy Jones, shown here at the 2003 TV Land Awards, has died.
February 29th, 2012

The Monkees' Davy Jones dead at 66

[Updated at 2:55 p.m. ET]  Davy Jones, whose charming grin and British accent won the hearts of millions of fans on the 1960s television series "The Monkees," died Wednesday, according to the Martin County, Florida, sheriff's office. He was 66.

A witness told authorities he was with Jones in Indiantown, Florida, when Jones "began to complain of not feeling well and having trouble breathing," the sheriff's office said in a statement.

Jones was transported to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead, authorities said.

A Martin County law enforcement source with knowledge of the case said Jones apparently suffered a heart attack.

FULL STORY
  1. roadwarrior

May you Rest in Peace Mr Jones you will be missed by all those whom loved your music and knew you

February 29, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. no apology

One of my 1st crushes was on Davey Jones! Had posters of him plastered all over my room, sure makes you start feeling old when people not that much older then you start passing away!

February 29, 2012 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • You You

He was dreamy, wasn't he?

February 29, 2012 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mary

oooh Marciaaaaa (from the Brady Bunch) Thanks Davy I'll never wash my cheek again. (he kissed her on the cheek in that episode) hehehe
    Nice smile to.

February 29, 2012 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. no apology

yup him & David Cassidy took up most of my wall and door space!

February 29, 2012 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. nancy

The morning news shows played "Daydream Believer" this morning as the sun shone brightly in the sky. Rest easy, Davy. You brought a lot of joy to many with your smile and talent. Now you sing with the angels... Sympathy to your family, friends and former bandmates.

March 1, 2012 at 9:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. låna 4000 snabbt

Attractive part of content. I simply stumbled upon your blog and in accession capital to assert that I get in fact enjoyed account your weblog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your augment and even I fulfillment you get right of entry to consistently quickly.

May 6, 2012 at 3:05 am | Report abuse | Reply