February 29th, 2012

Wednesday's live events

The Arizona and Michigan primaries may be over and done with, but Super Tuesday is now on the horizon!  CNN.com Live is your home for all the latest news and views from the campaign trail.

Today's programming highlights...

9:00 am ET - Rutgers cyber-bullying trial - The trial of a former Rutgers University student accused of bullying his roommate, who later committed suicide, continues in New Jersey.

10:00 am ET - Bernanke on the hot seat - Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke returns to Capitol Hill, testifying before the House Financial Services Committee to discuss the state of the U.S. economy.

10:00 am ET - Cruise ship safety hearing - The Costa Concordia tragedy will be the focus of a House Transportation Committee hearing on cruise ship safety.

2:45 pm ET - Romney town hall - Fresh off his victories in Michigan and Arizona, GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney holds a town hall-style meeting in Bexley, Ohio.

8:20 pm ET - Obama honors Iraq war vets - President Obama will speak at the start of a White House dinner honoring troops who served in Iraq.

CNN.com Live is your home for breaking news as it happens.

Filed under: Crime • Elections • Politics
  1. A CHAP APPROCHING OPENS HIS TRENCHCOAT "CAN I INTEREST YOU IN A WATCH".

nice SIDESHOW belongs in circus

February 29, 2012 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. chrissy

lmao WASNT IT a circus? Clown circus i thought?

February 29, 2012 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  3. Patrick©

A special shout out to my favorite leap year baby @dazzle. Happy 50th Birthday Daz. You still look and act like that 25 year old girl I met 25 years ago at Mardi Gras. The song for you today is from Rod Stewart You Wear it Well. X0

February 29, 2012 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • dazzle ©

TY@Patrick, you forgot that I was born at Midnight. Too many Mimosas perhaps:-). I will listen to Rod's song.

February 29, 2012 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  4. banasy©

Oh!

Happy Birthday, dazzle ©!!!
    Many good wishes, and hope you have an Ab Fab day!

February 29, 2012 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. CenTexan©

Happy birthday daz!

February 29, 2012 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. the math teacher

She can't be 50 and be a leap year baby. 50 is not a multiple of 4. Unless you mean she's actually 200, then you divided by 4. Which is unlikely to say the least.

Why do you lie? Stop being such a lying liar.

February 29, 2012 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. BOMBO ©

Yes, happy birthday.

If I had been born exactly 1 week later, I would have been a leap baby. That means I would have aged at one quarter the pace. So instead of being 48, I would now be 12. Awesome.

February 29, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Patrick©

@Dazzle, "I blew it without even trying." Now we know why you're there and I'm here. No not drinking, just a brain fart. At least you are celebrating today at Mark T's.

February 29, 2012 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ dazzle
    Happy Birthday young lady. Many more to you.
    @ Patrick©
    Thanks for the heads up on that.

February 29, 2012 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  10. bobcat (in a hat) ©

@ BOMBO ©
    Happy Birthday one week ahead in case I have one of my senior moments.

February 29, 2012 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

Wait a minute. That was wrong. Happy belated birthday. I think.
      Aaaaaaah, Now I'm confused. See what I mean about senior moments ? Sheeesh

February 29, 2012 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Patrick©

Thank you @bobcat(in a hat)© for the senior moment comment. I am 44 and it's been one of those days for me all the way around.

February 29, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

Patrick©
      Yeah those moments sure do make you stop and think. Huh ? And I do mean literally.

February 29, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dazzle ©

Blogging from Tarbell's Restaurant and thank you all for the birthday wishes. @Patrick, this has been the best day. Mark and Matt outdid themselves as did you. My 5 friends and I are having a great time. A card came to me at the table and I walked outside and opened it. I am shocked the deed to the house in Tucson!!! What a guy!! I am going down there ASAP!!

February 29, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |