March 1st, 2012

1 of 2 students stabbed at Chicago school dies

One of two teenage students who were stabbed Thursday morning at a Chicago public school has died, city police say.

The two students were stabbed in Goldsmith Public School, just past the front door, at 7:30 a.m. CT, Chicago police spokesman Mike Sullivan said.

A 17-year-old suspect is in police custody, Sullivan said.

FULL STORY
Post by: ,
Filed under: Crime • Illinois
  1. genomega1

Students are stabbed everyday in big city schools but no gun involved makes it a non story for most of the press.

March 1, 2012 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. banasy©

My condolences to the familiy and friends.

Tuesday, a seventh grader brought a gun, a knife, and a bag of cocaine to the middle school, one town over.
    Nobody was hurt, thankfully.
    Not a word from our local press...

March 1, 2012 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  3. bobcat (in a hat) ©

What the heck is going on here ? You can look at the news almost every day now, and see something about another stabbing, shooting, abduction or whatever. Is it any wonder we as a people are becoming de-sensitized to the world around us. With the immediate access of information it's with us 24 / 7 / 365. Society as a whole is beginning to look at this kind of behavior as the norm. And that, my friends, is a scary thought.

March 1, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • banasy©

Word.
      I have people who have laughed at me in the past when I say sometimes I just want to live in my own bubble of ignorance; I care not.
      I just feel that way sometimes, and I don't apologize for it.
      Sometime I really feel there is TMI going on...

March 1, 2012 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

It's sad, but I even find myself falling into that category from time to time. Especially about all that crap in the ME. And that's me, not to care.

March 1, 2012 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • bobcat (in a hat) ©

That should read, That's not me , not to care.

March 1, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  4. high hopes

We all feel like giving up sometimes.
    I know I do. But, taking the time to
    blog is like giving a voice to the people.
    It's a loving thing to do.

March 1, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. BOMBO ©

Okay, I just flat-out misunderstood the headline. I thought it was based on a statistical analysis, ie half of students stabbed in Chicago schools eventually die from injuries. But it's a specific incident. I'm somewhat relieved.

March 1, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. high hopes

I can't help but to think the condition
    of our youth is an indication of our
    failures. All my life I've been taught
    how important it is to make the world
    a better place for our future generations;
    to never forget the errors that past generations
    have taught us and to provide them with
    a better future. But when I look around I'm
    ashamed of our failures, including my own.

If, only, we could try again...
    Hope

March 1, 2012 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jeff Frank (R-Ohio) "On The Lunatic Fringe"

Has there ever been a day in history when "all schools" across the country could report that there were no altercations of any kind, all at the same time?

March 1, 2012 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. saywhat

Amen to that @ high hopes.
    Its mostly failures that we see around us now as parents, as teachers as persons propagating faith, as masters of finance & economy, as politicians, as leaders.

March 1, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Portland tony

With over 100K public schools and 7K colleges in the US, is it any wonder something maybe happening somewhere?

March 1, 2012 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  10. AMERICA 1st

Its just 1 less junkie, murderer, molester, thief that my tax money has to feed, house and doctor when its in prison the rest of its pathetic life!

March 1, 2012 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |