Andrew Breitbart, well-known conservative blogger, dead at 43
March 1st, 2012

Andrew Breitbart, well-known conservative blogger, dead at 43

Andrew Breitbart, a well-known conservative blogger, has died, his attorney confirmed Thursday. He was 43.

Breitbart was also known as a pundit on conservative television shows and got his start helping to run the original right-wing online media behemoth, the Drudge Report, then started his own website.

Breitbart was the first to post the infamous Twitter photos of U.S. Rep Anthony Weiner last year, in which the congressman appeared barechested and in his underpants. Weiner eventually stepped down amid the scandal.

An In Memoriam post on his website breitbart.tv said that it was with a "terrible feeling of pain and loss" that they announces his death.

"Andrew passed away unexpectedly from natural causes shortly after midnight this morning in Los Angeles," the post said. "We have lost a husband, a father, a son, a brother, a dear friend, a patriot and a happy warrior. Andrew lived boldly, so that we more timid souls would dare to live freely and fully, and fight for the fragile liberty he showed us how to love."

According to the post, in a new conclusion to one of his books, he wrote about how much he loved his job and fighting for what he believed in.

Andrew recently wrote a new conclusion to his book, Righteous Indignation:

"Andrew is at rest, yet the happy warrior lives on, in each of us," the post stated.

FULL STORY
  1. jim johnson

Too bad for his family. Have to feel sorry for them. He really knew how to ramp up the hate. He reveled in it, screaming it out. He couldn't say enough bad things loud enough about those he considered "enemies." True to his rabid beliefs, he tried and failed to beat Rush in the game of pure unadulterated intolerance. In the end, it's what was lacking in him as a person and a professional, that will be remembered. There are many paths to political discourse, and Brietbart was, every time, a man to choose the lowest possible road to make his point.

March 1, 2012 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Chuck in Jasper Ga.

I feel no remorse or sorrow about this news item.

March 1, 2012 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tesra

ANDREW BREITBART: The total effect of a person's actions and conduct during the successive phases of the person's existence. Regarded as determining the person's destiny. Action seen as bringing upon oneself inevitable results, GOOD or BAD. Either in this life or in a reincarnation......KARMA

GALATIANS 6:7

March 1, 2012 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Val

So sad for his wife and young children! They lost their husband and father... political party put aside... let the man rest in peace for 24 hours before the attacks on him start.... Prayers for his family going up

March 1, 2012 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. m. p.

the world has gone mad...hate spreads

March 2, 2012 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  6. Kris

"Natural causes". At 43. People need to take better care of themselves.

March 2, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Kat

Haha, natural causes, SURE. It was probably drugs. He was hateful, highly-strung bigot, but crazy and jittery and paranoid too. He was hopped up on something fierce. People don't drop dead at that age out of the blue.

March 2, 2012 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeepers

My money's on cocaine. He acted like a coke head.

March 2, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buddhahead

Chill out. Congenital bad heart hits lots of people. Don't be lame and wait for the autopsy.

March 2, 2012 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  7. DoubleW

"You can tell a man's character by the company he keeps" - old adage.
    Also, you can tell a political movement's character by the heroes it venerates.
    What does this tell you about people who venerate a drug addict and professional liar?

March 2, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Ben

How about do as I say, not as I do. I love it. The same clowns who will call anyone who speaks out against Obama on issues a racist to shut them up in a lazy, jaded manner have no qualms about statements like this. Grow up or go away.

March 4, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  8. Marc

I've seen the guy I think twice, ranting & raving, on Fox News. 43 is really young to just sort of "drop dead"; for most people.
    Well there will be an autopsy and those results will become public soon enough. My bets on cocaine, liquor, and Xanax.

March 2, 2012 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • jadoshush

Or perhaps some of Dr. O's heart medication.

March 3, 2012 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • ritmocojo

My bet is on bad karma.

March 4, 2012 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  9. Kat

Apparently I have a troll or someone trying to play a joke, I would never say anything like KAT above, maybe there is someone who actually goes by KAT who posts just wanted to distinguish that it wasn't me

March 2, 2012 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. manny

Good guy. Fought for America, the truth and against currupt big goverment.

March 3, 2012 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
    • EM

Also fought for good spelling (that should be "corrupt", not "currupt").

March 4, 2012 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. EJ

It was God's Will.

March 4, 2012 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  12. Kat

What the heck? Please tell me what a "natural cause" of death is at the age of 43?

March 5, 2012 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. tennis for sale

Excellent submit, very informative. I'm wondering why the opposite experts of this sector do not realize this. You should continue your writing. I'm confident, you've a great readers' base already!|What's Happening i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I've discovered It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I'm hoping to contribute & assist other customers like its aided me. Good job.

April 1, 2012 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. réputation web

I do agree with all of the concepts you have offered for your post. They are very convincing and can definitely work. Still, the posts are very short for starters. Could you please prolong them a little from next time? Thank you for the post.

May 13, 2012 at 4:07 am | Report abuse |
  15. Need some Keyword1 ? Come and get it!

I do agree with all the ideas you've introduced to your post. They're very convincing and can certainly work. Still, the posts are very brief for newbies. May just you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

May 13, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |